I have found two family group sheets that I am trying to match up....
Born in Farila, Gavleborgs, Sweden immigrated to Sherburne County, MN in 1967
Erick Ericksson (1824-1906) and Brita Johnson (1828-1905)
Married 24 march 1850
1. Erick Edvard Ericksson or Westling (Born 6 Sept 1852)
2. Karin Ericksson or Westling (1855-1912)
3. John Ericksson or Westling (Born 3 August 1857- Died 24 September 1911) Married Carrie Deline November 12, 1884
4. Peter Ericksson or Westling (1864-1959)
5. Betsey Ericksson or Westling (1866-1932)
6. Matilda (Tilda) Westling (Born 16 April 1870)
And the second one is the following from the 1880 US Census:
Errick Westling 1824
Betsy Westling 1828
Elick Westling 1852
John Westling 1859
Cristine Westling 1861
Peter Westling 1864
Betsy Westling 1866
Tildy Westling 1870
Census Place: Becker, Sherburne, Minnesota
I'm pretty sure that these are the same families even with the slight spelling differences and the surname from Ericksson to Westling after they came to the US, but I'm looking for some source that will help me prove it. I'd really like to find something from Sweden or the passenger list from the ship they came over on in 1867. Cristine or Christina Westling (3 Aug 1861-1948) is who our family comes from, but she's not on the first list. Does anyone have any information that will help us? She married Louis Tache (1857-1948) on 18 Nov 1882 in Brainerd, Crow County, MN and later moved to Roslyn, Kittitas, WA where they are both buried.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|