Taken from "History of the St. Croix Valley" published in 1909.
Rev. W. T. Boutwell preached the first sermon in 1851. Rev. Julius S. Webber, Baptist, preached occasionally in 1852 and 1853. In April, 1859, Rev. Silas Bolles, a Methodist, organized a society, the first in the village. In 1861 the Baptist society built a church at a cost of $3,000. In 1860 the Swedish Evangelical Lutherans built a church at a cost of $1,500. The Presbyterians built a church in 1868, and the Roman Catholics erected one in 1873.