Johann "Ulrich" MICHEL, 1702 - 1784 as married to Maria Margaret (RIEMER) 1704 - 1787, and had issue:
1. Unnamed child
3. Philipp Lorentz
[above are documented in Germany] and then immigrated to Philadelphia. Here in PA they settled at Wernersville, Berks Co. PA. and had following issue to best of my knowledge:
4. Christian [my forebear and documented as his "son" in Patent for lands at Wernersville, PA area, Berks Co.]
5. Juliana Margaretha - md. John Nicholas SCHAEFFER [ There is a question on this, but three children of "Ulrich's" family sponsor her children so she surely is a daughter! And one dau. the sponsor at "Hains" Church simply has "Grandmother" but the child is named "Margrette" so think further proof, in addition also lived at Wernersville and they are buried there too]
6. John Philip, bapt. at St. John's "Hains" in Wernersville, PA.
7. Peter - found in 1790 Census
8. Fredrick - found in 1776 in Cumru Twp. Berks Co. = surely a son
9. Margaret - bapt. at Bernville Church.
10. Susannah - md. John SCHARFF lived in Tulpehocken Twp., Dauphin Co. in 1803 and documents state that she is a d/o Ulrich MICHEL, Dec'd.
11. William - md. Elisabeth [ he first communed in 1763, "son of Ulrich MICHEL" ]
Could be others!! Unfortunately my "task" was not an easy one as good ole Johann "Ulrich MICHEL, left no Will!! Above children were born from 1726 thru approx. 1748. Exact dates of births in some cases are given, locations, etc. are given, but anyone wanting it will have to purchase my publication as this is enough "free" information.
Further Johann "Ulrich" had a brother and his family too is given in my publication - Johann "Jacob" MICHEL, 1708 - 1777 who married Anna Margretha (SCHERER) circa 1710 -and died before he did. They lived in Ruscomb Manor Twp., Berks Co. PA. and no he is not the minister whom many confused him as being on ship lists which is totally wrong!! Issue is:
1. George Philip
4. Elisabeth md. Adam KUEHLY [ If he died and she remarried this could be your woman??]
5. Susanna - md. Frederick KUEHN / KUHN
6. Margaret - md. KELCHNER
7. Christina - md. - Stophel WINDBIGLER
Most authurs do not reveal the "context" of any Book that I have ever purchased on genealogy except maybe "surnames" so hope that my kindness in "revealing" the above will be an "inducement" for those to purchase these publications of many, many long years of hard diligent research for the final results. The books are hardbound and gold lettering and on acid free paper so certainly worth the costs to own one. If interested e-mail me back. I hope this helps as there seem to be many MICHEL'S. All information is "thoroughly" documented and footnoted with many sources "reproduced" right in the context.
Incidentally, one of Christian's daughters did live in Virginia...so could be a "clue" that you "tie" in with this family.
You may want to check that other brother out too - # 3 on top list.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|