Francis and Mary Emmaline Melson were my 3great-grandparents.
1. Rebecca Sue Nall(Dowdy) now Drake ...me
2. Denise Reine Melson (Nall) now Moore...mother.
3. Leroy Harrison Melson....grandfather
4. Obie Zearl Melson....great-grandfather
5. Benjamin Harrison Melson...2great-grandfather
6. Francis Marrion Melson..3great-grandfather
7. Absalum Patton Melson...4great-grandfather
I was going through a book handed down to me by my mother titled "Melson Book 1813-1973"
In it it says:
Francis M. Melson taught the first term of school that was taught in Low Gap Township, Johnson Co., Arkansas, after he returned home from the Civil War. He taught in a little log house about two hundred yards north of Low Gap Springs.
Mary Emmaline Melson, helped dig the first two graves in the Oark Cemetery and bury two men found shot by bushwackers in the Road above Oark, Arkansas, near a spring, in the time of the Civil War 1963.
Just wanted to pass this bit of history along.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|