I am looking for any information on John Meagher who married Jane Nichols about 1784 in Trinity, Newfoundland and their children as possible parents/grandparents of Patience Maher. Any information will be helpful in determining if there is a connection.
Children of John and Jane Meagher:
1. Patrick b. May 6, 1785 Trinity Bay
2. John b. May 25, 1787 Trinity Bay
3. Honor b. May 15, 1790 Trinity Bay
4. Thomas b. Aug 19, 1793 Trinity, Trinity Bay
5. Dennis b. May 26, 1797 Trinity, Trinity Bay
6. Edward b. Nov 26, 1800 Trinity, Trinity Bay
Jane Nichols also had a daughter Elizabeth born 1780 baptized Oct 27, 1790. This could also be the first child of this couple.
The 1800 census for Newfoundland lists this family as Roman Catholic. So, this could explain why there are no further births in the Church of England records since the Roman Catholics started keeping records for the area in 1815 officially.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|