If someone has the MOCA book for York Couty Main, I'd appreciate a look up for Levi aka Ralph Kendall. This is what I have to date on him:
Kendall Family of Maine and PA
Ralph Kendall, A/K/A Levi Kendall wife unknown, lived in Coxhall, now Lyman, York Co., Maine, bought and sold land in Lyman. Ralph was also known as Levi Kendall/Kindall. Levi/Ralph deserted his family in 1787, removed from Sanford, ME at this time to Lyman, ME and divorced his wife ____ Ingalls. (please see Sally Ingalls, wife of Morrell Kendall, their son). _____ Ingalls remarried a ______ Quimby and removed to Merideth, NH. . Levi/Ralph had a brother Barzillai, and was supposed to born in London, England. Ralph/Levi and ______ Ingalls had the following children:
1. Peter Kendall, nothing else is known of him.(left home when young)
2. Henry Kendall, b Jul. 3, 1774, Sanford, Me, d. 15 Jul. 1864, 90 yrs. 1 mo. was a Baptist minister, lived in China Maine, married 1st Sally Swasey d. 16 Dec. 1844, , 64 yrs. 9 mos. , 2nd Pamelia Palmer 15 June 1846. Known children were: Asenath, b. 2 Nov. 1811, d 10 August 1842, Harriet, b 17 Mar. 1807 in Litchfield, ME, Henry Orrin, b Dec. 18, 1810, Litchfield, Enoch, b. 30 Apr. 1819, George, b. 1 May 1821, Elmira Sabre, b. 6 Sept. 1823 He went to live with Captain S. Hatch in Wells, Me., at the age of 10. He was later apprenticed out to a Mr. Marston at Centre Harbor, to learn the trade of tanner and shoemaker. He settled in Litchfield and was a Representative to the Legislature from that town. He later went to Topsham in 1818, where he spent the rest of his life.
3. Levi Kendall, b Aug. 18, 1778, lived in Gardiner, Maine, married Polly (Gordon) Hunter, and second Marian Merrell had 7 children, namely Emarills, Enoch, Henry, Mary, Paulina and John.
4. Enoch Kendall, nothing more is known of him.
5. Morrell Kendall, born 23 December 1771, died 12 April 1850 LeBoeuf, Erie, Co.,PA, married his first cousin Sally Ingalls, in Maine. Children to follow in the next generation.
6. Abel Kendall, died October 1827, Erie Co.,PA, had previously lived in NY State, had a large family, in his will he names wife Eunice; gives to Andrew Bailey, Henry Bailey, Harlow Bailey; holds note of John Carrington of Lockport, NY. Daughter Lorana Kendall “ my only daughter”, son Able Kendall; son Miller Kendall and son Henry Kendall.
7. Mary Kendall, nothing more is known of her.
8. Abigail Kendall, nothing more is known of her.
9. Ahinewasum,?, I swear I copied it exactly.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|