Polly CHAFFEE (1798-1875) married Mr. JUSTINES (JUSTIN/JUSTEN/ JUSTINE) circa 1814 in Herkimer County. Polly gave birth to Alonzo JUSTIN 15 Aug 1815 in Herkimer County, possibly in Farmers Settlement near Fairfield. Mr. JUSTINES disappears and Polly marries William BOWMAN circa 1817. By the late 1830's Alonzo JUSTIN and Polly (CHAFFEE-JUSTINE) BOWMAN clan had migrated and were established near Gorham New York. The extended family moved to St. Clair Michigan by 1840 accompanied by Polly's brother & family, Alpha CHAFFEE Jr.
1. Polly CHAFFEE is descended from Thomas CHAFFEE OF Rehoboth-Bristol, Vermont/Mass. per the CHAFFEE Genealogy of 1909.
2. Abbey JUSTINE was the first school teacher in NEWPORT, NY 1795 and was from New England.
3. Zaddoc JUSTIN married "Bolly SeeVay" in the Dutch Reformed Prosestant Church of Herkimer Nov 1814.His family was from New England.
4. Hannah JUSTIN was the first wife of John JOSLIN and is buried in the JOSLIN Family Cemetery Booneville, Oneida County, New York. Hannah JUSTIN and John JOSLIN were from Rhode Island.
5. Ephraim W. Miner (Minor) JUSTIN (1789-1855) and family members are buried in the JUSTIN Cemetery, Hawkinsville- Booneville, Oneida County, New York. They came from New England.
Any assistance or leads would be greatly appreciated.
Donald JUSTIN CWO USN (Ret)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|