Retracing my steps: Merry - Dyer connection
John Herbert Merry born 8 March 1895 in Woodland, Aroostook, Maine, son of Herbert Leslie Merry (Asa 7, Jonathan 6, Asa 5, David 4, Samuel 3, Samuel 2, Joseph 1) and Selena Irene Raven (William Neal 2, John 1). He died 23 July 1993 in Bangor, Penobscot, Maine.
Sadie Jane Dyer born 30 April 1899 in Thorndike, Waldo, Maine, daughter of Edgar Willis Dyer (Parris 8, Levi 7, George 6, [weak link here] Levi 5, William 4, William 3, William 2, William 1) and Anna May Dolloff (Daniel B 8, Daniel B 7, [weak link here] Daniel B 6, Noah 5, Thomas 4, Nicholas 3, Thomas 2, Christian 1). She died 16 November 1973 in Searsport, Waldo, Maine.
Married 26 October 1917 in Thorndike.
1. son born 13 September 1918, died 2001. Married. One adopted child.
2. son born 13 June 1921, died December 1985. Married, divorced. One son. Married March 1962. One son.
3. daughter born 7 July 1922, living. Married, three sons and four daughters.
4. daughter born 18 September 1924, living. Married, five sons.
5. son born 23 April 1926, died 2 April 1988. Married, three sons and four daughters.
6. son born 14 October 1927, living. Married, two daughters and one son.
7. daughter born 6 January 1932, living. Married, one son and one daughter.
8. daughter born 24 December 1940, died 26 December 1940.
John grew up in Thorndike and as an adult removed to Swanville, Waldo, Maine; Searsport, Waldo, Maine; and Belfast, Waldo, Maine. In his senior years John lived in Lubec, Washington, Maine; Searsport; and Bangor, Penobscot, Maine. He was a farmer, a fish peddler, a used car dealer and a lay minister who founded several churches. He was highly respected by his peers and family.
Sadie grew up in Thorndike and at the age of 16 took the responsibility of raising an orphan child. She worked at a local canning company and was a very active woman who loved shopping. She spent her last years as an invalid.
Sources available on request. If anybody has anything to add, subtract, confirm or refute I'd like to hear what you've got.
If you'd like to add this information to your database or share it with others feel free to do so and please cite the source. If you would like to publish this information in your web site, your own book, CD or other publication I would appreciate a note from you saying so. This data is not to be submitted to any person, organization or firm that in the business of collecting data to put on commercial CD's or commercial web sites for the purpose of selling it to their patrons.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|