I am looking for information on the parents of Cyrus HUTCHINS, listed in the Mount Vernon vital records as "Cirus" born 3 May 1799, child of Henry HUTCHINSON by Rhoda, his wife [page 308, list of births]. The index to the vital records has "Henry HUTCHINGS - vol. 2, page 308". Henry HUTCHINGS (ca. 1770-1847) and his family moved to Knox, Maine about 1803 and he is buried in the East Knox Cemetery, Knox, Maine. [listed in the vital records there and on his tombstone in the cemetery].
There are four "Cyrus HUTCHINS" listed on the 1850 Maine U.S. Population Census.
1. Cyrus Hutchins, age 51, Old Town, Maine - married to Rachel [Chandler]
2. Cyrus Hutchins, age 40, Paris, Maine - married to Abigail
3. Cyrus Hutchinson, age 38, Mount Vernon, Maine - married to Julia
4. Cyrus N. Hutchins, age 26, Industry, Maine - married to Hannah
The 1800 U.S. Population Census for Mount Vernon, Maine shows the following "HUTCHINS" families:
1. John HUCHINS - 1 m. (over 45); 1 f. (10-16); 1 f. (16-26); 1 f. (over 45)
2. John HUCHINS - 2 m. (under 10); 1 m. (26-45); 2 f. (under 10); 1 f. 26-45)
3. Henry HUCHINS - 2 m. (under 10); 1 m. (26-45); 2 f. (under 10); 1 f. 26-45)
I believe that the two younger HUCHINS are the sons of the older John HUCHINS. However I have no "proof". I believe that Henry's wife Rhoda is Rhoda PETERSON, a daughter of Abraham and Patience (Baker) PETERSON who removed from Duxbury, Plymouth County, Massachusetts to Jay, Maine about 1780, but I do not have solid "proof". Possibly one or more of the Cyrus HUTCHINS listed above are also related.
Looking for additional information.
Clayton Hutchins E-mail: < firstname.lastname@example.org >
1248 Slate Hill Road
Peach Bottom, PA 17563
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|