Hi Betty - my records show the same. Here's a little info on his wife Rose' side of the family:
Rosaltha "Rose" Staples born 10 Jul 1845;
- son Irving Collins born 6 May 1887 in Surry, Maine
- married Stephen Richard Collins in Oct 1888
- Stephen was much older born 1828, and died in 1895
- Stephen had 5 other children with his first wife Anna
- Rose's father was Abel Staples (1807-1846)
- her mother was Caroline Kane (Cain?) born 1823
- Rose remarried Joseph Steele (1832-1920) on 21 Nov 1895
- Joseph was a widower and had 6 children from his earlier marriage to Sara Gray
- Rose died 3 Oct 1919
- Irving (1887-1961) had five children with his wife Gertrude Henderson (Albert, Harvard, Helen, Wilma, Waldo)
Is this consistent with what you've found? Which of Irving's children are you descendent from?
Hope this helps!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|