The following is from this website
WEST CHESTER c1790
West Chester is a three part frame house, part of a small collection of stepped dwellings that survive in southern Worcester County near Stockton. The oldest section, late eighteenth century story-and-a-half one-room plan house was enlargedaround 1840 with the construction of a hyphen and a parlor addition. Long abandoned in the middle of a wheatfield, the original patent was owned by Edward Kellam in 1723 who sold 200 acres to John Dubberly. In 1792 William & Nancy Kellam & Leah Dubberly agreed to divide the tract; and in 1792 James Jones sold to William & Nancy Kellam 65 acres to settle lines. In 1793, William & Nancy Kellam and James & Betsy Jones agreed to divide 80 acres with Shadrack & Leah Redden. In 1802, William Kellum sold 61 acres to Ezekiel Kellam; and finally in 1803, Moses Payne sold to Wrixam Payne 185 acres of West Chester and other tracts ending the Kellam-Redden ownership.
Along the Seaboard Side, p. 255; Land Records of Wor. Co Md. 1666-1810, by Ruth T. Dryden, Family Line Pub., 1992, pp. 663-4
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|