Please help me. I am looking for any information on Elizabeth McNatt's parents, grandparents, etc. as far back as anyone can go. Elizabeth McNatt was my Great Great Grandmother. She was married to John McAlpin who was born somewhere between 1800/1810. Maybe even a little later. He was from North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia. His grave has never been located. It may have been unmarked. Elizabeth McNatt was born in February of 1812 in South Carolina. She died February 1908 in Smith County, Mississippi and is buried in Harmony Baptist Cemetery in Smith County, between Mize and Raleigh, Mississippi. She lived in Trenton, Mississippi.
Elizabeth McNatt and John McAlpin's daughter, Eliza Jane McAlpin, married my great grandfather, Joseph Berry Keyes, Jr. He was born February 1853 in Mississippi and Eliza Jane McAlpin was born August 1853. In 1900 they lived west of Ocahay Creek, Smith County, Mississippi. He is buried in Smith County.
Elizabeth McNatt and John McAlpin had at least 8 children:
1. Able E. McAlpin born December 11, 1837
2. John H. McAlpin born ca. 1840
3. William Daniel McAlpin born February 22, 1842
4. Celia Ann McAlpin born February 2, 1844, married a
5. James Harrison McAlpin born July 23, 1847
6. Harriet McAlpin born ca. 1848 married a Cantiberry
7. Eliza Jane McAlpin born ca. August 1851-1853 married
Joseph Berry Keyes, Jr.
8. Elizabeth McAlpin born ca. 1853 married a Prince
This is all of the information that I have. If anyone knows anything on either Elizabeth McNatt or John McAlpin's genealogy i would appreciate your help. Thank you in advance. Peggy Keyes
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|