Looking for descendants of my great grandfather John McKee, s/o Joseph Alfred and Mary Jane (Hill) McKee, migrated to Pulaski Co KY after 1860 census. Unless stated otherwise all events are Pulaski Co KY.
With wife Sarah Emerine Elliott (1868-1904)
1. Howard McKee b. 14 Apr 1886 Pulaski Co KY, m. Nellie Dale 13 Dec 1907 Pul Co KY. Cause of death--died on ship, death date and location unknown
2. Andrew J McKee b. 04 Jun 1892 d. 01 Sep 1927, Flushing OH. Cause of death--head gunshot wound, Somerset Undertaking Co. Buried Ringgold Cemetery, age 25
3. Harry McKee b. 06 Dec 1894 Pulaski Co KY d 26 Oct 1918, flu epidemic. My grandfather, one dau. Bur. Ringgold Cem, age 24.
4. John McKee b Dec 1898 Pul Co KY
5. Joseph Alfred McKee, Jr. (Joe, Jr.) b 10 Jan 1901, d 18 Jan 1923 Wheeling WV. Cause of death--neck broken, Somerset Undertaking. (Named for grandfather) Bur. Ringgold Ceme, Age 22.
with wife 2) Emma Cline Sumner (1883-1966)
6. William Gobel "Zeke" McKee b. 22 May 1922, d 06 Feb 1961, car accident, Franklin Co KY. Bur Ringgold Cem, age 39, (may have had a daughter)
With Sarah Elliott:
1. Ada b. 11 Apr 1889 Pul Co KY. Moved to Ohio
2. Bettie J, b May 12, 1897 Pul Co KY d 21 Dec 1922. Marr John Warner. Bur Ringgold Cem, age 25. Moved to Ohio
With Emma Cline Sumner
3. Bertha Frances b 18 Mar 1921, d 28 Apr 1990, Richmond City, VA. Marr Glen A Brinson
Most of this research was done by my aunt. A look at the map shows Flushing OH (Belmont Co) and Wheeling WV (Marshall Co) close to the Ohio River on opposite sides, Howard died on a ship. So I wonder if there is a river connection for the 3 of them.
Emma brought 3 Sumner children to the marriage with John McKee, 2 sons and a dau.
Thanks for any response.
Betty Jo Moss
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|