History of Allegheny county, Chicago : A. Warner Co., 1889: Subject terms:
Cushing, Thomas, 1821.
Allegheny County (Pa.)
“This township formed part of Chartiers from 1851 to 1860. March 24, 1860, a petition for the division of Chartiers having been presented to the court, JOHN YOUNG, ISAAC WALKER and ALEXANDER McKEE were appointed commissioners to make inquiry as to the propriety of so doing. Their report was favorable, and at a special election, September 9, 1860, there was a large majority in favor of the measure. September 29, 1860, the division as thus proposed was confirmed by the court, and the name “Kirkpatrick” conferred upon the new district. February 9, 1866, the impropriety of so large a name being affixed to so small a township was brought to the notice of the court, with the request that a shorter designation be submitted, and on the same day the name was changed to Union.”
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|