John McKEE and family came to Garafraxa in November 1827 to West 1/2 Lot 5, Concession 9 and in application for his deed, he asked that the corner acre be designated as a cemetery. Both deeds were registered on June 13, 1833. The McKee Cemetery Company was formed in October 1885 with seventy-six plot holders. Additional land was purchased in 1886, 1936 and 1972.
Mrs. Amzie Etzell of W 1/2 Lot 6, Concession 9 was buried in McKee's Cemetery some time between 1826 and 1828.
The John McKEE family was the only McKEE family in Garafraxa in those early years.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|