I'm trying to research my husband's family who, for the most part are Creek Indian from the Oklahoma reservation. This is what I know:
John Barnwell (b. abt 1813 and d. Nov 8, 1876), an Irish merchant married Vicey Homer (b. abt 1813 and d. abt 1879), reportedly full Creek Indian woman. John and Vicey had at least two children.
2) Priscilla (Prescilla, Scilla, Silla)
Other childred could be:
Priscilla Barnwell married David Doyle (b. abt 1847) who was full Creek Indian. Priscilla and David had five children:
1) Jennie (Jenny) Doyle (b. abt 1868)
2) George Doyle (b. abt 1870) - reportedly a marshall
3) Hannah Doyle (b. abt 1874)
4) Wallace Dougan Doyle (b. Feb 12, 1876) - was fatally shot in Hoffman, OK 07-04-1907; report states Mike Thornberry, a close friend of Doyle's defended him against the assailant. Likely Mike Thornberry is related to Willie Thornberry?
5) Tyler Doyle (b. abt 1877) - married Willie Thornberry (see below)
(Thornberry is also listed as Thornsberry)
Mark Edward and Rachel Thornberry had at least one son, William Washington Thornberry (d. abt 1910).
William Washington Thornberry married Anna (or Annie) Laura Smith (b. abt 1868 & d. Oct 17, 1899) from Weber Falls, OK.
William Washington Thornberry and Anna Smith had at least five children (as listed on the Creek Rolls).
1) John Thornberry (b. abt 1887)
2) Lena Thornberry (b. abt 1889)
3) Rachaed E Thornberry (b. abt 1892)
4) Willie (or Willis or Willa) (b. March 11, 1893)
5) Wynema Thornberry (b. abt 1897)
Creek Rolls show Annie Thornsberry as 1/4 Creek and children as 1/8 Creek. Also shows that Annie Thornsberry's father is James Smith from Tuckabatchee and her mother is Eliza Smith who was Cherokee Indian.
Child #4, Willie Thornberry married Tyler Doyle (b. abt 1877, likely in Indian Territory, OK) and had at least one son, Orville Reynard Doyle (b. May 7, 1912 in Okmulgee, OK). Later, Willie married Walter McFarlin. I believe she and Walter moved to Mississippi at some point. I believe she died in Mississippi about 1981.
Orville Reynard Doyle (aka "Chief") married Ada Leona Cartwright (b. Sep 1, 1916 in Arkansas and d. 1981 in California). Orville and Ada had at lease one son, Bennie Frank Doyle (b. Sep 15, 1934 in Schulter Township, Okmulgee County, OK and d. Aug 6, 1996 in Salem, OR).
Ada Leona Cartwright later married Eddie L Patrick, with whom she had several children who are alive today.
I believe Orville Reynard Doyle had at least two other daughters from a later relationship (married = unknown), possibly named Ruby Doyle and Gayle Doyle.
Orville's death certificate (d. March 16, 1977 in Pinole, California) shows his wife as: Juanita Martin.
If you know anything about this family, please contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|