Hi Bill! Good to hear from another McCourtney researcher. I don't know if I have anything to help you - but I'll give it a try.
I have an estimated birth year of 1750 for John - it's a guess and I don't know where he was born. Died ca1818 MO.
Hannah's maiden name is a mystery! As well as when and where John and Hannah married. I show him on a taxlist in Shelby Co, KY 1795-1801.
I have the following children for John and Hannah -
1. James McCourtney b.ca1770(guess on yr), place unknown. He md Sarah 'Sallie' [--?--] ca1790, probably in NC or KY. He died Mar/Apr 1805 in Creve Cour, St Louis, MO.
2. Alexander McCourtney b.ca1773(bet1770-80), md Comfort Davidson in about 1800, died ca1838, Pulaski Co, MO.
3. John McCourtney b.ca1775, place unknown. He md Phoebe Martin in ca1790. Died ca1840 Wheeling, Ohio Co, WVa.
4. Jeanie McCourtney b.?, place unknown. Md Ambrose Boles on 2 Jan 1796 in Shelby Co, KY. Died in MO?
5. Susannah McCourtney b.?, place unknown. Md William Morris - date and place unknown.
I have most of this documented and will upload a FGS to you. I descend from James & Sallie thru their dau, Hannah McCourtney who md John Bittick in MO. You can check out our website, www.showmethebitticks.com - for that info. Hope this helps you some. Let me know how this fits with your info. Later... Mar
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|