Looking for any information on this particular James McClurg who moved to Abbeville approx. 1807-08 from VA, probably Nottoway Co. He was married to Margaret Morgan, daughter of Samuel Morgan, and the entire family is described in a court document (1829) in Abbeville.
James McClurg and Margaret Morgan had children:
1. Mary (survived a husband, died intestate w/o issue)
2. William ( I believe he is the William in 1860 Carroll Co. MS, born 1798 VA--apparent son next door named Morgan--in fact, his name may have been Samuel Morgan McClurg--there is a Samuel in 1850 Carroll who looks like the same man)
5. Samuel, died young, w/o issue--these first five born in VA.
6. Harriet, born in Abbeville Feb 1808, married Joseph Buse in Abbeville or Greenville SC--moved to Walton Co. GA by 1830. The name Buse is often spelled Buise--see a young Buise male in William McClurg's 1860 household in Carroll Co. MS, perhaps a son of Joseph Buse and Harriet McClurg.
7. Sarah/Sallie born 1811 in Abbeville.
James McClurg died in Abbeville Dec 1812. Margaret McClurg is found in the 1820 census in Abbeville, but by Dec 1829 had moved to Greenville Co. SC where she is in the 1830 census.
I am a descendant of Joseph Buse and Harriet McClurg through their daughter Arabella V. Joseph and Harriet moved from Walton Co. GA to Cobb Co. GA, probably about 1840 when Joseph was selling his lands in Walton. But who was James McClurg?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|