Hi Peggy, It looks like your Josiah is a sibling to my Margaret McCafferty, parents being John McCafferty and Elizabeth Creidock. My information came from Judie McCafferty, however, she is of a different lineage and removed our line from her site.
Here is what I have:
Descendants of John McCafferty
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 MCCAFFERTY was born Abt. 1722 in Northern Ireland, and died Unknown. He married ELIZABETH CREIDOCK 21 Apr 1744 in Monmouth, NJ. She was born Abt. 1724 in Scotland.
Notes for JOHN MCCAFFERTY:
Information for John McCafferty and Elizabeth Creidock and their family supplied by Judie McCafferty.
Children of JOHN MCCAFFERTY and ELIZABETH CREIDOCK are:
i. DANIEL MCCAFFERTY2 (CAFFERTY), b. Jan 1744/45; m. CATHERINE SINCLAIR, 19 Jan 1783; b. 1763, Hunterdon Co., New Jersey.
ii. JAMES MCCAFFERTY (CAFFERTY), b. Dec 1745; m. MARGARET TITTON, 27 May 1768, Shrewsbury, New Jersey; b. Abt. 1746.
iii. HENRY MCCAFFERTY (CAFFERTY), b. Bet. 1746 - 1747.
2. iv. MARGARET MCCAFFERTY, b. 1748, New Jersey.
3. v. WILLIAM MCCAFFERTY (CAFFERTY), b. 15 Mar 1748/49, Shrewsbury, Monmouth Co., NJ; d. 15 May 1839, Allentown, NJ.
vi. JOHN MCCAFFERTY (CAFFERTY), b. Bef. 28 Apr 1752, Shrewsbury, Monmouth Co., NJ; d. Unknown.
Notes for JOHN MCCAFFERTY (CAFFERTY):
Baptism 26 April 1752, Church of Christ, Shrewsbury, Monmouth, New Jersey
Baptism name: MacKarferty
vii. ELIZABETH MCCAFFERTY (CAFFERTY), b. 05 Aug 1759, Shrewsbury, Monmouth Co., NJ.
Notes for ELIZABETH MCCAFFERTY (CAFFERTY):
Baptismal Name --Elizabeth Cafferty, 6 August 1759, Christ's Church at Shrewsbury, NJ
viii. JOSIAH MCCAFFERTY (CAFFERTY), b. 1763, New Jersey; d. 01 Dec 1845, Union, Broome Co., New York; m. DEBORAH BEEBEE, Abt. 1774; b. 1755, New Jersey; d. 02 Jan 1829, Union, Broome Co., New York.
ix. HANNAH MCCAFFERTY (CAFFERTY), b. Bef. 17 Feb 1764, Shrewsbury, Monmouth Co., NJ; d. Unknown; m. ??? HOLMES, Abt. 1784, Shrewsbury, New Jersey; b. Abt. 1763.
Notes for HANNAH MCCAFFERTY (CAFFERTY):
Baptism 17 Feb 1764 in Christ's Church in Shrewsbury, Monmouth, New Jersey.
Baptismal Name - Hannah McCafferty
Generation No. 2
2. MARGARET2 MCCAFFERTY (JOHN1) was born 1748 in New Jersey. She married PETER DRAGOO 01 Nov 1768 in Sussex, Suffolk, NJ, son of PIERRE DRAGAUD and MARY ??. He was born 07 Jun 1744 in Staten Island, NY.
Notes for MARGARET MCCAFFERTY:
Notes from FTM ... Margaret McCafferty md. Peter Drayo 1 Nov 1768 Sussex, NJ
Peter Drago - md Margaret McCafferty 1 Nov 1768 Sussex, NJ
Notes for PETER DRAGOO:
In some genealogies incorrectly show Peter and Margaret have a son, William. Perhaps this William was actually William McCafferty. In the Fayette Co. 1790 Cens. William McCafferty was living in Springhill Twp, This may be Margaret's brother, however, from the McCafferty family lines, they have William staying in New Jersey.
Margaret's father was John, born in Ireland.
The error of Peter marrying an Ann Pruckell as shown in some genealogies is incorrect. This is the Ann Prickett that John Dragoo's son, Peter married.
Indian Pete married an Indian from the Miami Tribe near Toledo, Ohio.
Peter Dragoo and Frederick McCafferty were listed on a store ledger in Sussex, N.J. at one time. Also baptismal records show a dau. Elizabeth b. about 1700
Children of MARGARET MCCAFFERTY and PETER DRAGOO are:
i. ELIZABETH3 DRAGOO, b. Abt. 1770.
4. ii. FREDERICK DRAGGOO, b. 03 Apr 1773, New Jersey; d. 14 Jun 1838, Richland Co., Ohio.
5. iii. PETER//INDIAN PETE// DRAGO, b. Abt. 1774.
iv. (SON?) DRAGOO, b. Unknown.
v. CHILD DRAGOO, b. Unknown.
Notes for CHILD DRAGOO:
It is a possability there might be a child that missed the vital records and may have been between census numerations. There was a family of five children taken captive by Indians and this child may be only known if this was the family, by this event.
3. WILLIAM MCCAFFERTY2 (CAFFERTY) (JOHN1 MCCAFFERTY) was born 15 Mar 1748/49 in Shrewsbury, Monmouth Co., NJ, and died 15 May 1839 in Allentown, NJ. He married MARY JANE/ANN BOWEN 07 Nov 1771 in Burlington, NJ. She was born 22 Jun 1749 in Burlington Co, NJ, and died 06 Jul 1828 in Allentown, NJ.
Children of WILLIAM (CAFFERTY) and MARY BOWEN are:
i. LYDIA3 (CAFFERTY), b. 06 May 1773, New Jersey.
ii. JAMES R. (CAFFERTY), b. 13 Aug 1775, Allentown, Monmouth County, New Jersey.
iii. JOSEPH (CAFFERTY), b. 05 Nov 1777, New Jersey.
6. iv. JOHN (CAFFERTY), b. 20 Sep 1779.
It is great hearing from someone who is probably of the same Irish line of McCafferty. my e-mail is email@example.com and I hope to hear further from you as I would like to fill in more fo the blanks.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|