I have been relooking at the VA deliquent tax records and found that in many instances info recorded indicated a status of the individual tax payer. Below are listed a few whom I recognize beginning in 1755.
1. Deliquent tax list shows Thomas Dixon was not found. clm1601 note: Thomas Dixon shows up in the NC Tax records; Dixon is related to the NC James McAfee Jr. family via marriage of generational granddaughter of James McAfee Jr.
2. Deliquent tax list shows James Miller and James Miller Jr. "not of this county". Various Millers' show up in NC records....possibly James Miller of Miller line that married into McAfee family.
3. Deliquent tax list shows Benjamin Hardin is "twice charge" re deliquent taxes. A Benjamin Hardin shows up in the NC records and associated in some manner with NC James McAfee Jr. family.
4. William Cleghorn, no estate. In the NC jurisdiction, the Cleghorns are in the chain of title of some Robert McAfee and Mary Miller land records.
5. James Hemphill w/no tax comment. clm note: A Hemphill married one of the McAfee generational granddaughters.
6. James McAfee w/no tax comment. (see second James McAfee of comment number 11. Both of these James McAfee gentlmen are listed in the same tax year.)
7. James Graham w/levy returned. clm notation: There was a Graham's Fort in NC and a marriage between one of the related Twitty-Miller line...which relates to the McAfees'.
8. Robert Love w/levy returned. clm notation: The Love family figured prominently into the NC/TN frontier development history.
9. James Kerr w/levy returned. The Kerrs w/n the deep south were connected to the NC James McAfee Jr. line via marriage.
10. James Gregory, Carolina. clm notation: The Gregory family were from VA...moved into NC and a later day a Gregory electrical engineer, wrote a history of the family to include its connection to the NC James McAfee family.
11. James McAfee w/no tax comment. clm note: A McAfee researcher drew my attention to this showing of two James McAfee individuals w/n the VA records; I believe that the researcher was Varnell McAfee Lee.
12. Archibald Graham w/ no tax comment; likely related to James Graham. If so, then, related to McAfees' via the Twittys'.
clm notation: Many families who moved from PA often paused for a year or so within Boutetort County, VA as they journeyed into the Carolinas. Whether the NC James McAfee Sr./Jr. family was within this group who paused for a year or so w/n Boutetort, it is not known at this moment per my research efforts.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|