My g-g-grandfather was Peter Joseph Mathias, born on May 26, 1864 in Hull, Canada. I am seeking information on his parents and siblings and their families. On his death certificate his parents are listed as Hillaire Mathias (b. Canada) and Philomene Legrand (b. France). Peter died in Springfield, Mass on April 21, 1936, and in his obituary 2 siblings are listed: a brother, Paul Mathias of Hull, Canada, and a sister, Zillie Labie.
Peter married Lillian Dumas (b. 1869 in Burke, NY). They had 5 children, presumably all born in Worcester, MA:
1. Edger F. Mathias, b: January 16, 1894; d: February 1974 in Springfield, MA. He married Yvonne Montmeny (1899-1998)
2. Homer Maurice Mathias, b: May 29, 1896; d: May 09, 1992 in Holyoke, MA.
3. Gertrude May Mathias, b: May 12, 1897; d: April 25, 1969 in Springfield, MA. In 1925 she married Leo Noel Messier (1898-1996)
4. Marshall Mathias, b: June 27, 1902; d: June 24, 1981 in Rochester, NY. He married Marie (maiden name unknown).
5. Edith A. Mathias, b: May 20, 1905; d: May 26, 1996 in Springfield, MA. She married Frank Moran.
If anyone has any info on this family or wants to know more about my line, please let me know!
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|