I have found a lot of post cards in my mother-in-laws house after she moved out and have tried to piece together the info contained on them. However, I have not had much luck. This is the first time in researching my husband's family that I have come up with the name Matherly and yet no one seems to know anything about these people. So I thought perhaps if I post the info that I have maybe someone reading this site might be able to help me.
1. Rose May Matherly and Allie Matherly are brother and sister. (post cards written to each other are signed love Sis and Your Brother, Allie.
2. Confusing post card signed Love Sonny Boy and addressed to Grandma Rose. Address on card was Rose Harper, 26 1/2 N. 4th St., Terre Haute, IN, dated 1912. I know who Rose Harper is but have no idea who the boy is. However, from other post cards I have concluded that Alvertis Matherly is called Sonny Boy. Found a post card signed Pappa and addressed to Alvertis Matherly at 30 1/2 N. 4th St. Terre Haute, IN. This post card is from Indianapolis, IN. In body of card Pappa refers to Alvertis as Bud.
Also living at this same address is Margaret Tague and Henry J. Herman.
3. A Maggie Matherly writes to her Uncle Frank in Terre Haute. Believe Frank is Frank Harper brother to Rose above.
Date of post card 1914.
4. A Margaret Matherly writes to a H. J. H. (Henry J. Herman) who is in the service stationed in KY. Date of card is 1917. H. J. H. writes to Margaret Matherly at 125 Ohio St., Terre Haute, IN.
5. Yet another very confusing post card dated 1923. It comes from Buddy Matherly who is NY and it sent to his Grandmother, Rose in Terre Haute. In body of letter it says he found his mother which is why he went to NY.
If any of this makes any sense to someone or if you recognize any of the names I would love to hear from you.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|