I don't know if this will confuse you or not (God knows that I am not trying to). I am related to these families as well. I currently am in posession of a MASH Family book that I just purchased. I am also in posession of Census Records, particularly the 1860 Cenus Records for Shannon County, Missouri, which lists 8 MASH Families, 7 of those families I believe I can give you the relationships on.
My name is Joyce Nash - Wafford. I was actually raised a NASH, but have found in researching my family that our surname was actually MASH until about 1870, then it was changed to NASH. I have no idea at the moment why the name was changed, perhaps it has something to do with the Civil War, perhaps not.
My Great Grandfather is CLAIBOURN MASH. He is the son of WILLIAM MASH and LOUVINA (Maiden name unknown). He is the Grandson of WRIGHT MASH and SALLY MARTIN, Great Grandson of JOHN MASH AND JANE TECHINOR. CLAIBOURN MASH married AMANDA MASH (daughter of JOHN W. MASH and wife HANNAH (maiden name unknown). (Amanda was actually born December 1846, not 1849 as shown). This couple, along with daughter Amanda are listed as Family # 8 below.
My direct email address is: email@example.com
To this day, I still have many family members in Iron, Washington, St. Francois, Reynolds, and Shannon Counties in Missouri.
I will list these MASH Families by number, then will give you the relationship as I can make it out. They are listed in the 1860 US Census Records, Jasper Township, Shannon County, Missouri:
1. HARRY MASH 24 born Tennessee and wife IRENA MASH 18
born Tennessee - I can see no relationship at the moment
2. HARRISON MASH 47 born Kentucky and wife ELIZABETH MASH
48 born Kentucky.
3. HARRISON MASH 25 born Illinois, brother THOMAS MASH 22
born Illinois, brother JOHN MASH 18 born Illinois,
brother HENRY MASH 12 born Illinois, brother ACY MASH
10 born Illinois (also seen as ASA MASH) and sister
DELILIAH MASH 7 born Illinois.
4. HARVEY MASH 24 born Illinois, wife MARTHA MASH 18 born
Kentucky, John F. Mash 6 born Missouri.
5. SAMUEL MASH 34 born Kentucky, wife SUSAN MASH 21 born
Illinois, NANCY MASH 4 born Missouri, URIAH MASH 3 born
Missouri, NITEN MASH 1 born Missouri.
6. WILSON MASH 56 born Kentucky, wife ANN (maiden name
unknown) 58 born Kentucky, REBECCA MASH
22 born Illinois, GEORGE MASH 21 born
Illinois, CYRUS MASH 14 born Illinois.
7. THOMAS MASH 21 born Illinois and wife MILINDA MASH
19 born Illinois.
8. JOHN W. MASH 48 born Kentucky, wife HANNAH 40 born
Indiana, JERRY MASH 19 born Illinois, HENRY MASH 14
born Missouri, THOMAS MASH 13 born Missouri, AMANDA
MASH 11 born Missouri, JOHNSON MASH 8 born Missouri,
WESLEY MASH 7 born Missouri, CLINTON MASH 6 born
Missouri, RYLY MASH 5 born Missouri, MORNIN MASH 8/12
(8 Months) born Missouri.
Now to give you the Relationships of these 8 MASH Families that I have listed:
1. HARRY MASH and wife IRENA MASH: To this date I have not proven relationship for this couple to my other seven families listed. They are from Tennessee, and most likely ARE related as they are living in Shannon County with the other MASH families, I just have not found that relationship as yet.
2. HARRISON MASH is the older brother of JOHN W. MASH listed on number 8. They are sons of DAVID MASH. They also have a sister, but at the moment I do not have her name. She was born 1815-1820 in Kentucky as well.
3. HARRISON MASH and siblings, THOMAS, JOHN, HENRY, ACY (also known as ASA), and DELILAH are all children of ANDREW MASH and wife BETSY (maiden name unknown). Grandchildren of my WRIGHT MASH and wife SALLY MARTIN. ANDREW is a brother to my Great Great Grandfather WILLIAM MASH.
4. HARVEY MASH (full name is EDWARD HARVEY MASH) is the youngest son of WRIGHT MASH and SALLY MARTIN, a younger brother to my Great Great Grandfather WILLIAM MASH. His family is still in and around Shannon County, Missouri.
5. SAMUEL MASH is a son of WILSON MASH and wife ANN (maiden name unknown) listed as number 6 on this page.
6. WILSON MASH is a father to SAMUEL MASH listed as number 5 above on this page. WILSON's father's name was also SAMUEL MASH his mother NANCY (maiden name unknown).
7. THOMAS MASH and wife MILINDA MASH - MILINDA MASH is the daughter of WILSON MASH above listed as nummber 6. I am still checking on who THOMAS's parents may be.
8. JOHN W. MASH is the younger brother of HARRISON MASH listed as number 2 above. He is a son of DAVID MASH.
IT IS JOHN W. MASH's daughter AMANDA MASH who is my Great Grandmother married to my Great Grandfather CLAIBOURN MASH.
Again, I sincerely hope that I did not cause more confusion with my findings. Anyone with any questions please feel free to email me directly.
Joyce Nash Wafford
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|