The following is based on a published genealogy by Samuel Davies Martin:
John Martin was the son of Thomas Martin 1714-1792. His mother was Ann Moorman. Elizabeth Lewis (1784-1838) was the daughter of David Lewis (b. 1685) and Mary McGrath.
Descendants of Thomas Martin
Generation No. 1
1. THOMAS1 MARTIN was born 1714, and died 1792. He married (1) ANN MOORMAN, daughter of CHARLES MOORMAN and ELIZABETH REYNOLDS. He married (2) ? GLOVER. He married (3) MARY SUDDHARTH.
Children of THOMAS MARTIN and ANN MOORMAN are:
2. i. LETTY MARTIN, b. Bef. 1745.
3. ii. CHARLES MARTIN, b. 1745, Albemarle Co., Virginia; d. 1808, Abbeville, South Carolina.
4. iii. JOHN MARTIN, b. 30 Mar 1749, Albemarle County, Virginia; d. 03 Dec 1839, Clark County, Kentucky.
iv. MILDRED MARTIN, m. MICAJAH CLARK.
v. THOMAS MARTIN, m. SUSAN LEDBETTER.
vi. JAMES MARTIN.
vii. ELIZABETH MARTIN.
5. viii. NANCY MARTIN.
ix. PLEASANT MARTIN, m. REBECCA JOPLING.
x. GEORGE MARTIN, m. BARTRY WOOD.
Child of THOMAS MARTIN and MARY SUDDHARTH is:
xi. ABRAM20 MARTIN, m. JANE TRIBBLE.
Generation No. 2
4. JOHN2 MARTIN (THOMAS1) was born 30 Mar 1749 in Albemarle County, Virginia, and died 03 Dec 1839 in Clark County, Kentucky. He married ELIZABETH LEWIS 1775, daughter of DAVID LEWIS and MARY MCGRATH. She was born 1754 in Albemarle County, Virginia, and died 1838.
Notes for JOHN MARTIN:
Captain promoted to Major at the siege of York. [SDM]
Copy SDM's write-up.
More About JOHN MARTIN:
Title (Facts Pg): Major
Children of JOHN MARTIN and ELIZABETH LEWIS are:
i. THOMAS21 MARTIN.
ii. MARY ANN MARTIN, b. Abt. 1773, Virginia; d. 1853, Lexington, Kentucky; m. (1) JOHN W. BUCKNER, Clark County, Kentucky; m. (2) RICHARD TAYLOR.
Notes for MARY ANN MARTIN:
Lived in Clark County, Kentucky. After the death of first husband, married Col. Taylor and moved to Frankfort, Kentucky. Moved to Lexington until her death in 1853.
More About RICHARD TAYLOR:
Title (Facts Pg): Col.
iii. JOHN LEWIS MARTIN, m. (1) CATHERINE BLATON; m. (2) HELEN BULLITT.
iv. JAMESTAYLOR MARTIN.
v. GEORGE MADISON MARTIN.
vi. ROBERT BROOKS MARTIN, m. (1) SUSAN PETERSON; m. (2) ELIZA NICHOLAS; m. (3) ?; m. (4) MARY CRUTCHER.
vii. SAMUEL DAVIES MARTIN, b. 17 Jan 1791, Kentucky County, Virginia; d. 07 May 1881, Winchester, Clark County, Kentucky; m. ELIZABETH W. TAYLOR, 10 Jun 1812, Winchester, Clark County, Kentucky; b. 14 Apr 1795, Clark County, Kentucky; d. 13 Aug 1864, Clark County, Kentucky.
More About SAMUEL DAVIES MARTIN:
Burial: Martin Graveyard, Clark County, Kentucky
Title (Facts Pg): Dr.
I hope this helps.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|