It is gratifying to find that there are so many MARINE/MAREEN/MAREN/MARIEN/MOREAN/ MORINEs out there! My mother was a MARINE so this is a main line for me. We come from the Maryland/Delaware/North and South Carolina/ Indiana/Iowa MARINEs. I am looking for specific MARINEs and trying to clear up some discrepancies I think I find in the MARINE line. I will start with my 3rd great grandfather: (I find it hard to believe that in only 3 great grandfathers I can go back 217 years!)
3ggrandfather: Charles MOREAN (Rev.) b.1784 in Marlboro, SC, he was married to Abba (Abigail) COX b.1787 in Contentnea, NC. They married at the Piney Grove Quaker Monthly Meeting in SC. As Quakers they had no formal ministers but all my family info has Charles as the Rev.Charles MOREAN.
Their children were;
1. Ziba MARINE b.26 Mar 1805 - NC -m- Anne LANE
2. Sarah MARINE b.1807 - SC -m-
3. Judith MARINE b.11 Feb 1808 - SC
4. William T. MARINE b.10 Nov 1810 - NC -m- Mary Ann WILLIAMS
5. Phoebe MARINE b.1812 - IN -m- Daniel SHOEMAKER 24 Sept 1829
6. Asa MARINE b.1814 - NC -m- Lydia HUFF 31 Mar 1825
7. Charles W. MARINE b.1816 - IN
8. Mary MARINE b.1820 - IN
9. John C. MARINE b.28 Sept 1821 - IN -m- Mary A. CLAMPIT 1862
10. Ann MARINE b.3 Sept 1823 - IN
11. Charlotte MARINE b.1824 - IN -m- Jonathan KNIGHT 5 July 1849
12. Elizabeth Jane MARINE b.1830 - IN
2ggrandfather: William T. MARINE b.1810 in Cateret County, NC, d. Vinton, Benton, IA. He was married in 1832 in Wayne County, IN to Mary Ann WILLIAMS b. 1815 in OH, the daughter of Stephen WILLIAMS and Ann CAMMACK. The family moved to Big Grove Township, Benton, IA by 1860 census. They are all listed along with a brother of Mary Ann WILLIAMS and his family.
Their children were;
1. Iona MARINE b. 1836 in IN
2. Amanda J. MARINE b. 1838 in IN
3. William H.H. MARINE b. 1841 in IN - he was a Private in the 13th Iowa Infantry during the Civil War.
4. Stephen A. MARINE b. 1843 in Randolph County, IN -m- Louise FREER 1873. Stephen fought and lost a leg in the Civil War, also a Private in the 13th Iowa Inf.
5. Insco William MARINE b. 1846 in ?, Wayne,IN, d. 1925 in Colorado Springs, CO
6. Mary E. MARINE b. 1851 in IN
7. Charles B. MARINE b. 1855 in New Garden, Wayne, IN -m- Millicent/Matilda. He also served in the Civil War.
In 1891 Charles B. MARINE served as the chief clerk for the U.S. Pension Office in Des Moines, IA. His father William T. and brother Stephen A. served as agents.
ggrandfather: Insco William MARINE married Sarah N. PARROTT on 18 Mar 1868 - Where? Sarah was born in Rushville, Schuyler, IL - when? Who were her parents? Insco and Sarah moved around a lot. I have no idea where they were between 1868 and 1885. In 1885 they were in Redfield, Spink,SD, by 1887 he had applied for a land patent of 160 acres in Faulk County,SD and by 1893 they were in Beatrice,NE and later moved to CO.
Their children were;
1. Henry B. (Harry) MARINE b. when ? and where ? He married Sadie - who ? when? where ? and they had one child, Helen, who died in Colorado Springs, CO at age 15. Sadie came to California prior to 1930 to live with a sister after Harry passed away and she died in Ventura County. Harry had something to do with the Crane Plumbing Manufacturers in Council Bluffs, Iowa and died there - when?
2. Mary W. (May) MARINE b. 8 Dec 1874 - where? She died 1936 in Greely, CO. She was married to Al WEAVER, when and where? They had no children. They had a winter home in Daytona Beach, FL.
grandfather: 3. Clinton Insco MARINE b.1884 in Redfield, Spink,SD, d.1936 in Compton, CA. He was married to Katherine Frances HAAS in 1916 in Stratton, CO. He was a brakeman on the Rock Island Railroad. They met when she was a Harvey Girl at the Harvey Hotel in Limon, CO. They lived in Colorado Springs, CO where my mother was born and then moved to Bruce, WI and eventually to Anaheim and then Compton, CA.
I have other information that I am willing to share and discuss. Do any of my MARINEs ring a bell with anybody? Thanks, Marsha
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|