I am not related to this family, but am posting this in case it helps anyone.
The Malott family were attacked by indians on their way from Kentucky to Missouri. Half were captured and made indians and some were killed.
William Paxtons 'Annals of Platte Co MO' which is digitized and online through a google book search (and easily searchable on that feature) has a good deal of information on the family of William 'Buck' Malott b.ca. 1796 KY who died June 1848 in Platte Co MO. His wife was Christena 'Tennie' Noland Moore b. 8 Jan 1808, the daughter of John and Elizabeth (Noland) Moore. They married 28 Dec 1828 in Clay Co MO by Rev Henry Weeden. Their large family is described on pages 104 and 105 of the aforementioned book which is online. William 'Buck' Malott was supposed to have been buried in Hampton Cemetery, Platte Co MO and his wife Christena (Moore) Malott is buried in South Cedar Cemetery, Mayetta, Jackson Co KS (headstone photo on Find a Grave).
William Malott's will probated July 1848, widow Christina executrix. Kids:
1. John South Malott m Sarah B McAlexander (Hampton Cem, Platte Co MO)
2. Elizabeth J Collins (Malott Collins?)
3. Joseph Malott
4. William Malott married Lucinda 'Lucy' Heath and moved to Compton, CA
5. Mary J Malott
6. Kate Malott m. Madison Rogers
7. Jasper N Malott m. Mary F Moore
8. Sallie Malott m. Franklin Starkie
9. Rebecca Malott m. John Rogers
10. Louisa Malott m. Daniel Dunagan
11. Andrew Malott, lives in KS
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|