Hope this is helpful for researchers. The following is an abstraction from the link below.
LOCAL HISTORY: Wayne Township, Mifflin County, PA
"James Macklin, on November 9, 1785, warranted three hundred and two acres, and
in 1793 was assessed on one hundred and fifty acres, and in 1800 he was owner of
about three hundred acres. In March, 1803, he bought one hundred acres adjoining
his other land of the executors of John Postlethwait, who lived in the eastern
part of the State. This tract was warranted by Joshua Davis before 1768, and
purchased by John Agnew, of Carlisle, in April, 1773, of Ephraim Blaine, high
sheriff of Cumberland County, as the property of Davis. Agnew sold to John
Postlethwait April 14, 1802. James Macklin lived and died upon the estate in
1819. In 1816, George, the only son, married Sarah Witherow and leased the farm
and later purchased it. The daughters of James Macklin were Nancy Gonzales,
Prudence Lukens, Margaret McCartney, Mary McLaughlin, Elizabeth Witherow, wife
of Samuel Witherow, Jane Atkinson, wife of Lukens Atkinson, and Lydia, the wife
of George Dull.
George Macklin died in 1824 and left three sons, - William, John and George.
William and George engaged in the mercantile business in
McVeytown, where William died, and his sons continued the business. George went
later to Harrisburg and from there to the West, where he is still living. After
the death of George Macklin, his widow married Cyrus Stine, who settled on the
Macklin estate, now owned by David Stine, their son.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|