Manfred, so good to meet you.
I am doing the research for my husbands family:
I haven't been able to find the entry to the US, or their marriage time or place, but I know, from the 1860 census taken in New York, they came to New York from Wertemburg, Germany.
George Fredrick Lutz - born June 15, 1825, Wertemburg, Germany.I do not have his parents yet.
He married Christina Hotmeyer about 1857. She was born Oct. 8, 1830 in Wertemburg, Germany.
While living in New York, they began their family:
Anna, b. 1854, New York
Louisa, b. 1856, New York
Emma, b. Sept 26, 1858, New York, she graduated from high
school,in New York, which is a rare accomplishment for girls during that period of time.
She married Henry Graper, April 7, 1881, we are unsure of the place.(They are my husband's grgrandparents.)
She died May 13, 1939 in Jefferson Co, Indiana.
Martha Matilda (known as Tillie), b. 1861, New York, md. Barnet Witham about 1883 in Indiana, and died in Bird City, Kansas.
George Fredrick, Jr, b. 1871 in New York, died in 1895, Bird City, Kansas and in the Bird City Cemetery.
According to Christina Lutz's obituary, she was living with her daughter and son in law, Barnet and Matilda Witham, when she died, in Bird City, Kansas.
More about my husbands Lutz-Graper family:
1ST GENERATION IN THE UNITED STATES:
His father was from Bremen,Germany,(Prussia)-
Henry Ferdinand Graper and Wilhelmina Dorthea Schmidt-I am not sure where she was born, at this time.
(Henry, his father, came as a young boy on the Brig Johannes (ship's name), arriving Sept. 1, 1838 in New York, with his entire family:
Father: Conrad Henry Graper, b. 1790, Bremen, Germany
Mother: Catherine -?-, b. 1792, Bremen, Germany
Children of Conrad and Catherine Graper:
John Diedrick, b. 1815, Germany (participated in the Civil War)
Catherine Mary, b. 1820, Germany
Henry Ferdinand, b. 1822, Germany (participated in the Civil War)and married Dorthea Schmidt, he died in 1893.
Christian, b. 1826, Germany
William, b. 1832, Germany (participated in the Civil War)
2ND AND 3RD GENERATION IN THE UNITED STATES:
Henry Ferdinand Graper md. Wilhelmina Dorthea Schmidt in 1855, possibly in New York. She was born in Gestringen, Germany (Prussia), nothing is known of her parents, presently. She was documented in census' as Dorcas.
She had been married previously to Ehr Rolfing (no information found on this, at this time.)
Eight children were born to this marriage:
Minnie, b. 1851, Ohio
Henry, b. Oct. 15, 1856, Ohio, md. Emma Lutz, d. Jan. 25, 1933, Jefferson Co, In.
Caroline, b. 1858, Indiana, md. Peter Perrine
John, b. 1860, Indiana, died during infancy in 1860, Indiana
William, b. 1860, Indiana, md. Ida -?-
Mary S., b. 1862, Indiana, md. William Inness
The 1900 Indiana Census shows eight children of this marriage:
1. Frank S., b. Mar.1884, Indiana
2. Charles E., b. June 1882, Indiana
3. Agnes S., Feb. 1888, Indiana
4. Edith M, b. June 1890, Indiana
5. Emmenuel S., b. Jan. 1892, Indiana
6. Walter S., b. Sept 1893, Indiana
7. Alva F., b. April 1896, Indiana
8. Davey Hobson, b. Sept. 1898, Indiana
also living with William and Mary is his mother, Mary A. S-ars-, b. June 1828, Massachusettes (she had 12 children and only 4 were alive in 1900.)
Frank, b. 1866, Indiana, md. Betty Perrine
Sophia D., b. March 1870, Indiana, md. Edward L. Inness in 1884
According to the 1900 Indiana Census - Jefferson County they had four children:
1. Daisy D., b. March 1890, Indiana
2. Maggie G., b. Nov. 1891, Indiana
3. Rosa D., b. Oct. 1894, Indiana
4. Clara M., b. Nov. 1896, Indiana
The 1900 census also noted that Edward's birthplace was in New York, his mother in Massachusettes, and his father in New York.
4TH GENERATION IN THE UNITED STATES:
Children of Henry Herman Graper (son of Henry Ferdinand and Wilhelmina Dorthea Schmidt Graper)and Emma Lutz (daughter of George Fredrick and Christina Hotmeyer Graper):
1. Wilhelmina, b. Sept.19, 1882, Lawrenceburg, Indiana, md. Augustus Harwell, Dec. 19, 1905, died Aug. 9, 1909
2. John Henry, b. Dec. 24, 1884, Lawenceburg, Indiana, md. Ruby Oliver, Dec.1, 1915, died Jan. 4, 1969, Gibbon, Nebraska
3. Bertha Caroline, b. April 12, 1888, Jefferson, Indiana, md. Dempsey Marshall, Jan. 20, 1906 at Madison, Indiana, died Oct. 16, 1972 Dupont, Indiana. (this is my husband's grandparents)
4. Ida, b. Aug. 24, 1890, Jefferson Co, Indiana, died in infancy, Sept. 10, 1890, Jefferson Co, Indiana
5. George Fred, b. Sept.11, 1891, Jefferson Co, Indiana, md. Anna Stringer Oct. 5, 1914, died Sept.15, 1962, buried at Vernon Cem, Vernon, Indiana.
6. Minnie, b. Sept.20, 1894, Jefferson Co, Indiana, died in infancy Dec. 4, 1896, Jefferson Co, Indiana.
Lutz's still live in the Jefferson County area of Indiana. I am in the process of researching, so all information isn't available at this time.
I hope this helps someone who may be looking for this family. Many hands make light work. I have some pictures I can share by email.
Manfred I hope this is what you are searching for. If you have anything, I would love to add it to my pages.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|