Thanks to everyone how helped me solve my 30 year search for who the father of John R. Losey was. Special thanks to Eleanor Dodson Hillyer, an unknown cousin found on this board and Gerry Losey who gave me a key clue. Also Dale Stephenson who helped me find the unknown brother of John R. Losey, Barnett Losey (Locy, etc) and define his exploits in the Civil War.
So now I know that John R. Losey's father was indeed Abraham Losey and his father Jacob and his father William from Morristown, NJ and a Revelotionary War soldier and brother of Jessie Losey, a former cook for George Washington, upon whose estate (his old pig farm) I now live in Mount Vernon, VA.
(NOTE: The indentations will not work well on this page so I have added some clarifiers).
Generation No. 1
1. Isaac LOSEY (WILLIAM B.5, JACOBUS JAMES LOYSE4, CORNELIUS JANSZEN3 LOYSE, JAN CORNELIZEN2 DE ZEEUW, CORNELIUS1 LOOSJE) was born 1740 in Rev. War Soldier from Hanover, Morris Co., N. J., and died February 19, 1853. He married MIRIAM HATHAWAY April 5, 1759 in First Presbyterian Church, Morristown, New Jersey, daughter of ABRAHAM HATHAWAY and ABIGAIL WOODS. She was born Abt. 1742 in Morristown, Morris Co., New Jersey.
More About ISAAC LOSEY and MIRIAM HATHAWAY:
Marriage: April 5, 1759, First Presbyterian Church, Morristown, New Jersey
Children of ISAAC LOSEY and MIRIAM HATHAWAY are:
2. i. PRIVATE MOSES7 LOSEY, b. 1761, Morristown, Morris Co., New Jersey; d. February 23, 1836, Private, Revolutionary war, Capt. Ballards 3rd Regt..
3. ii. JESSE B. LOSEY, b. October 5, 1758, Roxbury, Morris Co., New Jersey; d. March 12, 1844, Roxburry Rev War Soldier.
4. iii. WILLIAM LOSEY, b. 1763, Morristown, Morris Co., New Jersey; d. 1852, Lawrence Co., Ohio see notes.
Our banch are all from the Isaac branch. Eleanor and I are from the William branch, born 1763 in Morristown, NJ and died 1852 in Lawrence, Co, Ohio.
William had the following sons as we know it:
Military service: Revolutionary war soldier
More About WILLIAM LOSEY and ROSANNA COLE:
Marriage: 1782, First Presbyterian Church, Morristown, New Jersey
Children of WILLIAM LOSEY and ROSANNA COLE are:
i. JACOB8 LOSEY, b. Abt. 1783, Lawrence Co., Ohio.
a. Son of Jacob = Abraham born 1811, married Nancy ?
i. Son of Abrhaam is John R. Losey born July 29, 1850
1. Son of John R. is Chauncy Aug 6 1875
2. Also, Thomas W or William t March 18, 1878
3. Also, Harvey Jan 24 1886 from bible (?)
4. Also, Clarence Jan 24. 1887 census 1910 Married Elsie Walden
a. Son of Clarence is my father Clyde William Losey born 4/30/1907 - died October 1987. Married Hilda Weber Ploom in 1934, Cincinnati Ohio
i. Son of Clyde Losey = Michael R. Losey born 11/10/38 married Ann J. Losey, 8/27/1960 in Monroe, Michigan
1. Dauther of Michael Losey = Debra Lynn Losey, born 11/22/1961. Married Gary Jaycox 1991
a. Son of Debra Losey Jaycox Michael Jaycox born 1992
b. Daughter of Debra Losey Jaycox = Lena Ann Jaycox born 1994
2. Son of Michael Losey - Scott Douglas Losey born 2/28/1964
3. Son of Michael Losey = Robert Michael Losey, born 3/6/1968, married Robbin Sherman 10/2/2004.
ii. Sister of Michael Losey Patricia Ann Losey born 5/1/1942
5. Daughter of John R. Losey - Rebecca May May 3 1888 from bible
6. Daughter of John R. Losey = Myrtle March 20 1896 (?)
ii. Brother of John R. Losey = Barnett Losey born 1845 Served in Union Army Co. G, 5th WVA Infantry – and special raider group. Captured at Summit Point, VA in fall of 1864 and escaped from Salisbury Confederate prison in spring of 1865. Only one of 29 to survive the sinking of the General Lyon steamship in 1865 while returning to the North.
ii. Other childre of William = BARNABUS LOSEY, b. 1783, Morristown, New Jersey.
iii. ABRAHAM LOSEY, b. Abt. 1785; d. Lawrence Co., Ohio.
iv. NANCY LOSEY, b. Abt. 1785; m. ABRAHAM MILLER; b. Abt. 1785.
v. SAMUEL LOSEY, b. Abt. 1785.
vi. STEPHEN LOSEY, b. 1790, Sussex County, New Jersey; d. 1867, Davis County Iowa??????; m. NANCY; b. Abt. 1790.
vii. POLLY MARY LOSEY, b. 1798, Genessee, N. Y.; d. 1852; m. JOHN PIERCE.
viii. BARBARA ANN LOSEY, b. 1801; d. 1897, Meigs Co., Ohio; m. SANFORD RUSSELL, Abt. 1821, Lawrence Co., Ohio; b. Abt. 1795.
More About SANFORD RUSSELL and BARBARA LOSEY:
Marriage: Abt. 1821, Lawrence Co., Ohio
ix. WILLIAM LOSEY, b. 1808, New York; d. 1852, Lawrence Co., Ohio; m. ELVIRA CLARK, Abt. 1837; b. 1809, New York; d. Lawrence Co., Ohio.
More About WILLIAM LOSEY and ELVIRA CLARK:
Marriage: Abt. 1837
Enough..... Mike Losey
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|