Here is the info on David Loop's family from my book "The Loop Family in America". The book is available in most genealogical libraries in the US and you may contact me to purchase a photocopy. There were two Emma Campbells who married Loops. This (see last child below) is apparently the one you are looking for. - Vick Bennison
David LOOP [George W.(2), Christian(1)] the second child of George W. LOOP and his first wife, was born June 4, 1816, in Delaware County, Ohio. He left home early and headed west with his brother John to Vermillion County, Indiana, where he married Mary (Polly) BEARD on March 29, 1836. She was born January 27, 1812, in Pennsylvania, the daughter of John and Mary BEARD, and sister of Margaret (Peggy) BEARD, David's brother's wife. Their first six children were born in Vermillion County, Indiana. About 1847 they moved farther west to Schuyler County, Illinois, where they were censused in Rushville in 1850. During the Civil War, David served as a private in Company E 7th Cav Regiment 7th US Volunteers. He enlisted at Warsaw, Illinois, September 30, 1861, and was certified medically unfit for service May 29, 1862, for being generally unfit and over age. David LOOP died February 6, 1884, in Camden, Schuyler County, Illinois. His brother John was sent a telegraph in Indiana, but he arrived for the funeral a few hours too late. A memorial service was held for David on May 4. His widow died less than a year later on January 6, 1885, probably at Camden. Both are buried at Huntsville Cemetery, Schuyler County, Illinois. The children of David LOOP and Mary (Polly) BEARD were:
1. Samantha LOOP, b. July 12, 1837, probably in Vermillion County, IN. She was a school teacher. In 1887 she was living with her sister Mary REDDING in Clayton, Norton County, KS. She d. April 30, 1902, in Schuyler County, IL. At the time of her death she was living at the Soldiers' Widows and Daughters Home in Wilmington, IL. She is buried in the Huntsville Cemetery, Huntsville, Schuyler County, IL.
2. George W. LOOP, b. about 1838, in Vermillion County, IN. He served in Co. C. 33rd Reg. Illinois Infantry during the Civil War. By 1870 he moved to Sheridan Township, Cherokee County, KS, where he farmed by himself, living near his brothers John and Josiah, and cousin Alexander. He m. May 11, 1886, Eliza VAN ORMER in Hancock County, IL. He died November 4, 1901, at Quincy, Adams County, IL, and is buried there in Sunset Cemetery.
3. Amanda LOOP, b. January 18, 1840 in Vermillion County, IN, m. (1) July 3, 1859, Samuel WILCOX in Schuyler County IL. He d. during the Civil War on Lookout Mountain, TN, about November, 1863. She m. (2) Nicholas BURMOOD. He was b. May 5, 1827, and d. June 12, 1894. She d. January 26, 1930, and is buried at Huntsville Cemetery, Schuyler County, IL.
4. John H. LOOP, b. October 14, 1842/3, in Vermillion County, IN. During the Civil War he served as a 1st Lieutenant in Company C 59th Regiment of the Illinois Volunteer Infantry. After the war he m. (1) October 23, 1866, Perlina PRICE. She was b. November 9, 1839, in IL. His first wife d. August 22, 1910. He m. (2) Lottie J., surname unknown. John H. LOOP d. March 6, 1921, and is buried at the Huntsville Cemetery, Schuyler County, IL.
5. Josiah D. LOOP, b. July 5, 1844, in Vermillion County, IN. He m. (1) December 25, 1869, Lovina PRICE in Schuyler County IL. She was b. about 1845 in IL. Josiah m. (2) Mary Ellen MILTON. He d. September 3, 1916, and is buried at the Huntsville Cemetery, Schuyler County, IL.
6. Mary LOOP, b. about 1846 in Vermillion County, IN, m. September 9, 1879, Robert REDDING, in Hancock County, IL. She were living in Clayton, Norton County, KS, in 1887.
7. Caroline LOOP, b. October 13, 1847, in Schuyler County, IL, m. Israel WALTERS. She was living in Keokuk, Lee County, IA, in 1887. She d. there March 30, 1902.
8. Catherine (Katie) LOOP, b. June 10, 1849, in Schuyler County, IL, m. Amos RIGNEY. She d. May 4, 1931, at Baylis, Pike County, IL.
9. David Jerome LOOP, b. about 1851, in Schuyler County, IL, d. July 12, 1857, at Brooklyn, Schuyler County, IL.
10. Hannah LOOP
11. Charles Alexander LOOP, b. April 13, 1855, in Schuyler County, IL. He m. (1) September 24, 1890, Emma CAMPBELL, and m. (2) Devie MERRITT. He d. May 19, 1931, at Camden, Schuyler County, IL.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|