I'm looking for parents and siblings of William Marshall Lockwood born Jan. 24, 1800 in Greenwich, Fairfield County, Connecticut. He died Nov. 20, 1890 in Quincy, Adams County, Iowa. From Connecticut, William moved to Washington County, NY & there he married Marilla Moore (b. July, 22, 1806 in Vermont - d. Nov. 12, 1881 in Adams County, Iowa). They had 12 children. 4 of the children may have died in New York of diphtheria epidemic. In 1836 the family moved to Coshocton County, Ohio where William was a shoemaker. In 1854 the family moved to Quincy, Adams County, Iowa where he lived till his death. All I have on William's family is that the Lockwood ancestors were from England and that William's older brother inherited a large estate in Connecticut. I have names of 7 of William & Marilla's children, listed below. The other 5 children's names I have conflicting stories.
1. Robison Butler Lockwood - b. Feb. 1825 in Washington County, NY. m. Ellen Plowman in OH 1847. d. 1873 in TX
2. Hannah M. (my great-great grandmother)- b. Aug.28, 1834, married Thomas Harden on Feb.7, 1860 in Adams County, Iowa. They had 8 children. Hannah d. March 13, 1908.
3. Mary Ann (or Anna) b. July 22, 1839. married John Wesley Larimar.
4. Clara (or Clarissa) b. Apr. 24, 1844. married (1.)J.W. Jones (2.) Joe F. Brown
5. George - b. Oct. 20, 1836 or 1837
6. M.William (or Will)
Please contact me if you have any information on these Lockwood's. Thanks!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|