Mac, Good to hear from you again.
I went looking at my evidence, which prompted me to look further. I've now seen the 1850 census you refer to, and it looks like better evidence than what I had previously; I'm changing my birth date for Lavinia to 1785.
Since Dee did not answer my post, I still have no answer to my original question about Henry Fountain Ashurst's parents. Do you know the answer?
In addition, my study has led me to more questions:
1. How do we know Elizabeth Bates Ashurst's birth date is 28 Apr 1806? The 1850 and 1860 census would suggest she was born about 1809. Maybe her message had a typo for that year?
2. Did Ellen (Eleanor) Ashurst, b. 2 Sep 1851 die before 1860? She is not mentioned in the 1860 census.
3. When did Robert Ashurst, b. 4 Mar 1810 die?
4. Dee did not mention James Ashurst, b. abt 1856, or Sarah Ashurst, b. abt 1859 as documented in the 1860 census. Do you know any more about them?
5. Ancestry.com has a family collection that shows Henry Clay Ashurst and Elizabeth Richardson as the parents of Robert Ashurst. It also shows he had a sister, Jane. Do you know if these are valid parents for Robert?
6. I'm still interested in info about Henry Bates, Elizabeth's brother.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|