MARYLAND-to-PENNSYLVANIA-to-OHIO-to-IOWA: Jesse Leggett, b. 8/6/1784-d. 8/6/1870; md. Mary Cheek. His Leggett's were of English origins and had immigrated to Maryland in colonial times. His parents were said to have been Sutton and Hannah (Green) Leggett. From Maryland, he moved to Washington co., PA, then to Carroll co., OH, and in 1860 was living with his son Richard in Jefferson co., IA. His son--
Richard Hemming Leggett, b. 3/25/1811 in Washington co., PA -d. 9/8/1884 in Jefferson co., IA; md. Basheba Viers, b. 4/29/1815 -d. 10/23/1892; md. on 4/25/1833. In 1817, he had moved to Carroll co., OHIO, and in 1855, he had moved to Jefferson co., IOWA. Their children:
1. Samantha L., b.c. 1834; md. Rev. John Hochulf on 10/13/1863.
2. M. Ella, b. c. 1836; md. Dr. Thomas Smith.
3. James Milton, b.c. 1840; md. Jessie Coulter.
4. Permelia, b. 1844 -d.1/26/190l; md. George W. Phelps, d. May 1908; md. on 12/12/1860.
5. Charles D., b. 10/8/1849 in Carroll co., OH -d. 4/4/1922 in Jefferson co., IA; md. Beatrice Cunningham on 9/2/1885.
6. Franke E., b.c. 1853; md. Charles H. Whiting on 9/7/1869.
7-9. Three children died in childhood.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|