I have just registered on this website, after having read every one of your entries. I am in awe. Given your age, I hope that you are still with us as you appear to be The Resource on all things Lesperance.
I'm not yet familiar with the etiquette of this site, so I'll just dive right in there:
1) It seems that the surname "Lesperance" is a dit name wherein NONE of the lineages using it are apparently related to one another. Intriguing. I believe you mentioned that you had documented at least 40+ lineages using this dit name. My question is this: has anyone been able to ascertain the total number of lineages using this dit name? And if so, what are the names of all of those lineages?
2) My line hails from Keeseville, NY through a Charles Lesperance, born circa 1855, birthplace unknown. He is alleged to have fathered at least 13 children with one Henrietta Breau. They had a homestead up on Poke-O'-Moonshine Mountain. One of the youngest sons, Joseph Nelson Lesperance, left for NYC and settled in Poughkeepsie, NY marrying Hannah Bradford. They had 4 children, the youngest of which, James, is my father. He, in turn, settled in the Albany area, where I remain today. My question is: Are we a part of your lineage? If so, where does this Charles Lesperance fit in?
3) I have been told that we are really descended from the Viau line, though I have no documentation for this.
4) Family lore has it that, aside from Keeseville, NY Ogdensburg, NY was another node in our lineage's migrations. Any truth to this?
5) Also, there is lore re Manitoba metis heritage, specifically Blackfoot. Again, no documentation, just lore.
IF you are part of my lineage (the Keeseville Viau dit Lesperances) I would love to know your thoughts on these (and any other) matters. Thanks for your determination!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|