I'll summarize the facts I have about Isaac Lenoir (and wonder how many persons of that name there were in various locations 1680-1725?):
1. I. Lenoir was in So. Car. in 1687 (SCDAH, Misc. Records [Proprietary Series] 1675-95:282).
2. Isaac Lenoir was naturalized in Jamaica (NY?) in 1690 (Buckstruck, Denizations and Naturalizations in the Brit. Col. 1607-1775).
3. Isaac Lenoir was made a freeman of the city of New York in June 1695/96. (Coll. of NY Hist. Soc./1885, p. 59). No profession given or indication whether this was by payment of fee or end of indenture.
4. Izaac, son of Izaac Lenoir and wife Anne, baptized at French Church in NYC on Oct. 6, 1696. Godfather: Augustus Grassett. Godmother: Suzanne Hullin. (Wittmeyer, Eglise Francoise a la Nouvelle York, p. 50). Grassettt was Collector of Weigh House in NYC and died in 1712.
5. In 1702 Isaac Lenoir of Jamaica NY "Innholder" was executor of estate of "friend" Dennis Holdrom and filed inventory in April 1703. (Coll. of NY Hist. Soc./1892, p. 312, 344.).
6. In Oct. 1723, will of Isaac Lenoir "glazier", dated Oct. 8, 1723, was proved in Philadelphia, PA, naming father-in-law Hugh Cordry "pulleymaker" and wife Mary (Cordry). The abstract mentions no children. Witnesses: Edward Owen, John Soughurst and Charles Osborne. (Abstract of Phil. Co. Will Book D-369). Hugh Cordry and family, Quakers, joined Phil. Meeting in 1699 from Ratcliff, England. (Myers, Quaker Arrivals in Phil., p. 29).
What is the evidence Isaac Lenoir may have married Ann Oldfield about 1695?
Would a Huguenot "Innholder" in NYC married to Anne later be a "glazier" in Philadelphia married to Mary, a Quaker?
I do not have reference to the E. New Jersey land. Can you share it? I am trying to obtain a copy of the complete 1723 will and will post if successful.
If Isaac Lenoir lived in Jamaica/NYC atleast through 1703, it seems other children (like a son Thomas) would have been baptized at the French Church, but record shows none.
Was Thomas Lenoir (c. 1700-1765) more likely the son of John Lenoir of Manakintown, VA?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|