If my info is correct:
He is one of 11 sons of Charles LeMoyne (1624-1685, came to Canada in 1642, was the first signeurey of Longuville spelling?, son of a Dieppe Innkeeper) married (1654) to Catherine Primot of Rouen.
Jean Baptiste LeMoyne de Bienville was born 1680. He founded New Orleans and was the Govenor of Louisiana. He died in Paris in 1767.
His brothers were (in no particular order):
1) died as an infant
2) Charles LeMoyne, first Baron de Longuville (spelling?), also the Lt. Governor of Montreal. Born 1656 and killed in action at Saratoga on 6/8/1729.
3) Jacques LeMoyne du St. Helene, born 1659. Died in battle of Quebec in 1690.
4) Pierre LeMoyne d'iberville. Born 1661. Died in Havana, Cuba 1706.
5) Paul LeMOyne de Maricourt. Born 1663. Captain in the marines. Died 1704.
6) Francois LeMoyne de Bienville, born 1666. Killed by Iroquois (spelling?) Indians in 1691.
7) Joseph LeMoyne de Serigny. Born 1668. Died 1687.
8) Louis LeMoyne de Chateauguay. Born 1676. Died 1694.
9) Gabriel LeMoyne d' Alsigny. Born 1681. Died 1701 at San Domingo.
10) Antonio LeMoyne de Chateauguay. Born 1683. Governor of French Guiana. No record of his death.
A book entitled "The Signeurs of Old Canada" may be helpful if a copy can be located.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|