Thank you so much for your information. I plan to go to Latvia in about a year. I hope to go to the Latvian Archives while there. The American Latvian Association has trips for English speaking descendants.
Since my last posting, I have learned/done the following.
1) I wrote my aunt, Edite Talmanis, at her last known address. So far, I have not heard anything.
2) I looked at pictures of my father (Arvid Rozental) and mother(Margarita Izolde Zilvija Talmanis Ozols)and my father's dad (Janis Rozental). On the photos was the word "MOAR" - with the last name of "Krecbergs". The name was difficult to see. My father was born in Riga, Latvia.
3) In documentation from the "Valka Camp" in Germany, documentation shows that my parents were married by the pastor J. Vitols March 21, 1944 in the Evangelic Lutheran Church of Valka.
4) I know now my mother (Margarita) graduated from N. Draudzinas High School. She attended the school from September 9, 1936 to June 11, 1938. My mother was born in Plavinas, Latvia.
5) My grandmother (Eizenija Lacis Ozols) was born in Metriene, Latvia. She married Karlis Ozols April 28, 1930. He was born in Liepkaline, Latvia.
6) My father's sister, Lucijia Rozental, married Mikins Alksnis April 7, 1929.
7) In a letter written by my father, Arvid Rozental, at the displaced camp in Germany (Valka camp), he wrote that the old mother died November 17, 1945. I am not sure if this is his mother's mother or father's mother.
8) My mother sold her farm in Latvia. Names associated with the farm are Rozlejas, Runci/Runcos.
9) In my father's calendar, he has listed April 4, 1881 as mutina's birthday, her death date as February 10, 1939 and her name day (v.d.) as June 26. I know my grandmother as Anna Murnieks. I have tried translating mutina to English and there is no translation. Also, mutina does not match any of the names for her name day. Anna is not listed either, so I am not sure who this person is.
10) I have looked for the cemetery plots for Rozentals in Latvia. The closest I have come to is the Shmerli Cemetery. Four Rozentals are buried there. First names are not listed. I have tried emailing the person in charge but did not get a response.
11) I have also tried looking on the "Raduraksti" website but have not had any luck. I probably need more information than what I have.
12) I have notes from what my grandmother, E. Ozols, has shared with me in the past. I believe it pertains to my Anna Murnieks' father (Murnieks) - that he lived in Kurzemes (Piltenes).
13) My grandmother also shared that her grandfather, Peter Ogrin, had a brother who lived in Latgale.
Again, thank you for sharing what you know.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|