I am looking for ancestors or descendents of Jeremiah LAPP (abt 1750-1818) of Philadelphia, PA who married Amy SMITH (b 1764 in Kings, NY). The family moved to Kingston, Ontario Canada and then to Canada.
Children of Jeremiah were:
1) Elizabeth LAPP(1770-2 Aug 1837) who married Nathan WILLIAMS abt 1799;
2) Rachel LAPP (1784-aft. 1862) who married James WILLIAMS;
3) John LAPP (abt 1786-aft 1861 who married Jane Ann (had a previous wife)
4) Samuel LAPP (6 October 1789 - j8 December 1871) who married Catherine KELLER; they are my ancestors
5) Anthony LAPP (abt 1790 - ) who married Lydia BURLEY;
6) Jeremiah LAPP (1794 - 7 Jan 1863) who married Sarah PERRY, then Bethamy WILLIAMS)
7) Richard LAPP (abt 1800 - ) who married Jane SWAIN.
I have a wonderful book, "Some Descendents of Jeremiah Lapp: UEL Collected by Edward Dinniwell and Caroline Olynyk - July 12, 1990." but would love to hear of any additions: The descendents of my branch (Elizabeth Chloe LAPP who married Alfred Newell INGHAM) was not included as the name of INGHAM had been given to them as INGRAM and so of course we were not tracable after the family moved from Roseneath, Ontario to Portage La Prairie, Manitoba. I do have some information, but definitely not all, on some of these descendents.
I would be particularly interested to find if anybody has been able to verify if Jeremiah was son of Rudolph LAPP or grandson of the Johannes LAPP who went from Germany to Philadelphia on the "Pink Mary".
Hoping to here from some Lapp cousins,
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|