PLEASE DISREGARD THE EARLIER POSTING FOR THIS SUBJECT BELOW AND NOTE THESE CHANGES: New surnames added, SMGF/Relative Genetics Testing changes--so email me for details on that.
Dear Male Lamson, Lampson, Lambson, Lambton, Lampton relatives,
Our major interest is to contact as many MALE Lam*son or Lam*ton surname descendants as possible to participate in the Y Chromosome DNA Study:
We would also like to represent 4 categories:
1) Male descendants from Barnabas Lambson/Lamson b. 1573 of Essex, England with a paper record to verify it.
2) Male descendants from William Lamson of Ipswich, Mass with the same paper record to verify
3) Male descendants from Thomas Lampson of New Haven, Connecticut with paper record to verify
4) Lamson/Lampson/Lambson/Lampton/Lambton Male Surname carriers with unknown linkage to the above three immigrants or potential linkage to that surname in other countries, such as the UK.
1) Email me for instructions on which markers to order and what labs are available, as there are discounts if ordered via our Lam*son surname project.
2) This information will then be yours personally, but we hope you will post and share it with other Lampsons.
Even if you know your lineage, there are many (including myself) that do not know their linkage to the 3 "brothers" or other Lampson immigrants and the only way there can be a DNA comparison is for known ancestors (male Y chromosome) to submit their DNA and then share the results to compare for those with an unknown link.
We will, when this Surname Project is formally generated by a male Lampson/Lamson/Lambson/Lampton/Lambton sending in their DNA to the 2 labs above, post a special website where results are posted and compared. This site is already set up and we already have results posted, with more coming in each month. For a free logon, please email me.
Thank you for your help with solving some Lamson mysteries.
IF you or a relatives HAS ALREADY HAD A DNA TEST, please help us by emailing me the date, the company and the results so we can add to our growing database, or logon to our Myfamily.com website to post results. GO to http://lamson.myfamily.com.
For more info on our FamilyTree DNA Lamson Y-DNA project, go to:
As mentioned above, we are also coordinating and posting results through our 200-member Lampson/Lamson/Lambson Myfamily.com website--email me if you'd like a free logon. But it is private and data is only available to members and results are posted by oldest known ancestor, not living participants.
Lampson/Lamson/Lambson Website Administrator
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|