I am A descendent of George W. Lam(p)kin and Lucinda Harp(e), through their son James Harvey Lamkin and his wife Julia Ann Lucas. They moved from Raywick, Marion, Kentucky to Princeton, Bureau, Illinois when my grandmother around the turn of the century (just after 1900). James Harvey had a brother named George, is seems that both of their families moved to Illinois! Here are the children of James and Julia:
1) William Daniel Lamkin married Emma Fenwick. He died in Ky in 1910.
2) John Thomas Lamkin married Willie Hash and he dies in
Bureau, Illinois in 1965.
3) Joseph Lamkin died in infancy at the age of three months, in Raywick, Kentucky.
4) Ollie Mary Lamkin married James Sidney Blair in Raywick and moved to Louisville, she died there in Dec 1977.
5) Lillie Lamkin married Styles Lamkin and she died in Spring Valley, Bureau, Illinois in 1937; I think she died of cancer.
6) Taylor Lamkin married Eva Crow, he died in 1975 in Louisville, Kentucky.
7) Francis Asa Lamkin married Mary Gertrude Williams. He died a mysterious death, they found him hanging in his barn, with no visible way of self infliction, but instead of murder, it was case closed and listed as a suicide. He died in 1955; the year I was born. It took until I was 13 to settle the estate.
8) Mary Effie Lamkin married Clark Willard Nicholas Flaugh
and lived in Decatur, Indiana. She is my grandmother. WHen grandfather died, grandmother later moved to Pennsylvania to be near her oldest daughter. Grandmother died in Hatfield, Pennsylvania in May 1984.
9) Anna Lee Lamkin married twice:Carl Cundiff and William McCullough. She died in 1978 in Princeton,Bureau,Illinois.
I would be interested in the names of George Lamkin's wife and the names of their children and who they married; names, places, and dates. That is of course, if your George Lamkin is the son of George Lamkin and Lucinda Harp.
Thank you, Donna
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|