Even though you are not directly related to me, I did find your family in a book that might be on help to you.
The book is called "The Descendants of Jacob Schoff", by Wilfred H. Schoff, published in 1910.
Pages 88-90 begin the family information with Jacob Schoff. Below is a brief outline of the information.
Jacob Schoff was born in Germany between 1725 and 1730. In 1752 he immigrated to Boston where he married Elizabeth Darrow or Deveraux who was also born in Germany and immigrated in 1751 to Boston. Both died in Brunswick, Vermont with no dates given.
They had the following children:
1. Elizabeth, born 1753, died March 1848. She married Philip Christian Grape on July 30, 1767.
2. Lena, born 1754. She married Aaron Samson on November 9, 1768.
3. Jacob, born May 2, 1756.
4. Katherine, born July 6, 1759. Died in 1775.
5. John, born August 15, 1761.
6. Daniel, born August 26, 1764. This is your direct relative.
7. Henry, born August 9, 1766.
8. Isaac, born probably in 1768. This is my direct relative.
Daniel's family is continued on page 94 with the following information:
Daniel was born in Ashburnham, Massachusetts. He died in Maidstone, Vermont in April 1843. He married Lucy Merrill and together they had the following children:
1. Jeremiah, born April 28, 1787.
2. Elizabeth, born March 10, 1789.
3. Nancy, born December 17, 1791. She married John Cummings.
4. Ruth, born October 4, 1793. She married John Arny.
5. Lucy, born January 23, 1796. She married Hardin Willard.
6. Sarah, born in Statford, NH, June 23, 1799. She married Bishop Lamkin. Together they had the following children: Guy, Joshua R., Sarah, Fidelia, Adaline and Fanny.
7. Daniel, born July 17, 1801.
8. John, born October 10, 1805.
On pages 97-98, 110 we find that Daniel's brother Isaac married Amarilla Fuller and had the following children:
1. Henry D. (my relative) (from a previous marriage, wife unknown)
It is Henry D. Schoff that marries Tamzon Lamkin. I do find it interesting that Sarah and Henry are only 9 years apart from each other and both marry a Lamkin. As I continue to research the Lamkin line I will keep in mind that I should look for a Bishop or Joshua Bishop as well and I will keep you informed.
Something that might by of imterest to you is that in the book "Immigrants to New England, 1700-1775", by Ethel Stanwood Bolton and re-published by Genealogical Publishing Co, Inc, Baltimore in 1966, page 174 list Jacob Schoff immigrated to America aboard the ship "St. Andrew" from Hornbery, Germany.
I hope that any or all of the information that I provided will be of help in your research.
Good Luck, your cousins Terry and Diane.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|