Florence Johnson wrote (March 21) that Scholastique "St. Paul HUBERT LACROIX" was maried to Xavier Francis DUGAL in 1826 in St. Charles Borromeo, St-Charles, Mo. I sure would appreciate knowing the precise date of that marriage, as well as Xavier Francis' parents.
Florence also says that Scholastique was the dau. of "St. Paul HUBERT LACROIX" and Marie Louise COUSSOT.
About that last couple, I have the following:
(1) Paul HUBERT (son of Paul & Marie Josèphe MOREL) married to Louise COUSSOT (dau. of Simon & ........ [Florence writes that her mother was Marie Louise LALANDE], on 23 Feb 1802 in St-Charles Mo.
Then, going up that HUBERT line:
(2) Paul HUBERT (Pierre & Françoise CARDINAL), married to Marie Josèphe MOREL (François & Marie ROY) on 14 April 1749 in Lachine, near Montreal.
(3) Pierre HUBERT (Jacques HUBERT dit Lacroix & Marguerite GODÉ), married to Françoise CARDINAL (Pierre & Marie MATOU) on 20 Sept 1721 in Lachine. By 1730 thay had had 6 children, and there may have been others later.
(4) Jacques HUBERT dit Lacroix (Nicolas & Marguerite LANDREAU), married to Marguerite GODÉ (Nicolas & Marguerite PICARD) on 14 Nov 1681 in Montreal. They had 9 known children. That Jacques married two more times after Marguerite's death in 1697, and fathered three more children. He also had fathered a "natural child" before his first marriage, bapt on 11 Feb 1678 in Mtl, from Marie-Elisabeth GUERTIN, then married to Eustache PRÉVOST.
5) Nicolas HUBERT dit Lacroix, a.k.a. "Le Grand Lacroix" (parents uknown in France), married to Marguerite LANDREAU (parents unknown in France) in about 1653 in France. Arrival date in New France not known, but it was before March 15, 1656. By profession Nicolas was a tailor (in French "tailleur d'habits" or "suit maker". They had six know children.
You are right in pointing out that some of the descendants of Nicolas HUBERT dit Lacroix later dropped the LACROIX while others dropped the HUBERT and went by LACROIX.
Hope that helps. I of course stand to be corrected ....
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|