I appreciate your question, how did the Outlaw's get to Arkansas!! I wish I knew but other than migration I don't know!! I have many facts about who came to Arkansas but few answers to this date and many, many unanswered questions or help. What I do know is that we all started from (as far as I have been able to track down thus far)
1520 Norfolk, England and the original spelling of our name was Outlawe. This group of relatives settled first in Norfolk, Virginia and most migrated to North Carolina and this is the point of real migration, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Louisiana, and as the country opened more territories, the migration continued to Kentucky, Arkansas, Texas and since then I doubt there is any state that does not bare our ancestors.
Back to Arkansas and facts I have researched:
The first know Outlaw's were as follows:
1. May 6, 1812, Noah Outlaw...then a territory, not a State.......
2. Nov 12,1833 Outlaw, Medicus R. T.........Jefferson County, Arkansas
3. 1839, John N. Outlaw...........Jefferson County, Arkansas,
4. 1841, John Outlaw..........Crittenden County, Arkansas
5. 1839, G. D. Outlaw ...........Jefferson County, Arkansas
6. 1850, James Morgan Outlaw.......Bradley County, Arkansas
7. 1850, Angeline Outlaw........Mississippi County, Arkansas
8. 1850, D.S. Outlaw.............Pulaski County, Arkansas
9. 1860, Thomas J. Outlaw........St Francis County, Arkansas
10. 1870, John R. Outlaw.........Jackson County, Arkansas
To the best of my knowledge, the above people were not brothers and sisters, but related and all from different original locations.
I am from the clan of James Morgan Outlaw and if you are not related to the Thomas J. Outlaw shown above, then you and I are blood relatives as James Morgan Outlaw had a son names Thomas V. Outlaw in Bradley County, Arkansas.
Hope this helps, but it certainly doesnt answer your question.If you have any history on your family, PLEASE contact me so I can enter your data in my database and tie in your relationship.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|