I am trying to identify any McFadden's who lived in Shelby County between 1850-1870 and especially around 1855 and any McFadden's with connections to or living in Jasper Co Tx 1860-1862.
Now, here is WHY...........
(1) DeSoto Parish La marriage record LP79 06 Sep 1855
"J.P. McFadin to Emily O. Perry - residents of Shelby Co Tx"
(2) the Civil War Service Record for a William J. P. McFaddin. says he died 1862 in a Tennessee Hospital and according to those records he was 32 in 1861 or b abt 1829. W.J. P. McFadden served in Co.E, 24th Reg, Tex Cavalry (Wilkes') (2nd Texas Lancers) and his papers say he enlisted in Jasper Co Tx.
The Indigent Family list shows him leaving 4 dependents in Shelby Co Tx which would match Emely and her 3 oldest chn Jane, James, and Martin on the 1870 Shelby Co Tx..............
(3) Mrs Emily [Perry] McFadden 2m Robert Beck Milford in 1865 - my transcript of their 1870 census listing:
1870 Shelby Co Tx/Prec 5/BuenaVista PO/HH 124-124/pg 190a
note - need to find the 1860 census to prove Jane, James & Martin are the chn of W.J.P. McFadden!
Milford, Robert/HH/wm age 43 SC
MILFORD, Emely/wf age 39 Al
Milford, Jane/wf age 12
Milford, James/wm age 10 Tx
Milford, Martin/wm age 08 Tx
Milford, Frances M/wm age 04 Tx
Milford, Lucinda/wf age 01 Tx
(4) the only McFadden I found 1860 in Shelby Co Tx - who are his parents???
1860 Shelby Co Tx/Shelbyville/Beat 6/HH 682-682/pg 406a
Courtney, R E?/HH/wm age 50 Ms
Courtney, M D/wf age 40 La
Courtney, R Loyd/wm age 22 La
Courtney, Olevia/wf age 17 La
McFadden, W/farm labor/wm age 18 La
Courtney, F B/wf age 01 Tx
(5) below is the census showing where Emily's parents lived in 1860:
1860 Shelby Co Tx/Beat 11/Clay Mounds PO/HH /pg 440a
Note: no McF listed in Beat 11
PERY, Archabal/HH/wm age 50 Ga
Pery, E/wf age 48 Ga
Pery, W_/wm age 18 Ga
The circumstantial evidence pointing to Jane, James & Martin as the chn of J.P. McFadden & Emily O. [Perry] is very strong as is the circumstantial evidence that J.P. McFadden is the same man as W.J.P. McFadden who died in Tennessee but it is NOT proof. If we could just find J.P./W.J.P. & Emily on the 1860 census, we could then be certain as to the real surname of Jane, James & Martin.
Please, if you can tie any of this information to your McFadden's, we would deeply appreciate your sharing it with us.
Kathye and Janice
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|