I'm searching for information about the ancestors and siblings of my GGG-grandmother, Mary Ann Olds Valentine. What is known so far:
1. Mary Ann was born about 1829 in MS, probably in Hinds or Copiah County, to Samuel Olds and Ann Fortner. She had at least two siblings: John Thomas (b. ca. 1835) and Epsy (b. ca. 1837), also possibly born in Hinds or Copiah Co. MS.
2. Mary Ann married my GGG-grandfather Reuben J. Valentine on May 29, 1845, in Catahoula Parish, LA. They had 11 children together, all of whom were born in Catahoula Parish. Mary Ann died sometime between 1900-10 and is buried at Belah Cemetery in Belah, LaSalle Parish, LA. I have photos of her gravesite that I took on a recent visit there. Reuben is reputed to have died about 1900 in Galveston TX and his burial site is unknown.
3. John Thomas Olds married twice: first to Sylvania Stapelton on January 11, 1855, in Catahoula Parish, and second to Judy Ann O'Lary on April 18, 1869, also in Catahoula Parish. I don't have information about his children, or the dates or places of death and burial for him or his spouses.
4. Epsy Olds married twice: first to Ira Bird Edwards on April 30, 1851, in Catahoula Parish, and secondly to John Valentine around 1857, also in Catahoula Parish. John Valentine is a younger brother of Reuben Valentine, Mary Ann's husband. I don't have any information about Epsy's children with Ira Edwards. She had at least two daughters with John Valentine: Nancy Jane (b. Aug 4, 1858) and Mary Elizabeth (b. Jan 2 1860), both likely born in Catahoula Parish. She died around 1863 in Catahoula Parish--her burial location has not yet been identified. Her second husband, John Valentine, had remarried to Amanda J. Walker on Dec 11, 1863, so presumably Epsy died sometime before that date.
5. Since these three Olds siblings were all married in Catahoula Parish, I assume that they had settled there with their mother, Ann Fortner Olds, who had remarried to William Parker in 1838 in Copiah Co MS. Ann died on April 15, 1896 and is buried at Oak Grove Cemetery in Grant Parish LA.
Any information or leads about these Olds family members in Catahoula Parish would be appreciated.
Regards, John Reid
P.O. Box 7164
Libertyville IL 60048
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|