Starting Sept. 30, 2014, will be making a big change. GenForum message boards, Family Tree Maker homepages, and the most popular articles will be preserved in a read-only format, while several other features will no longer be available, including member subscriptions and the Shop.
Learn more

Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: Regional: U.S. States: Louisiana: Acadia County

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

Re: Where to send for a marriage certifacte?
Posted by: Karen Sherman (ID *****5024) Date: July 18, 2004 at 16:23:11
In Reply to: Where to send for a marriage certifacte? by Wolf Myjic of 110

Hi Wolf.

To get a copy of the legal marriage certificate, email the Clerk of Courts. They will send copies of marriage certificates that are pre-1900 (I've ordered several).

The church keeps a separate register of the marriages that are performed. I believe the church will mail a copy of their records as well, for a donation (I haven't done this yet, so I don't know how much). You may want to call in advance and ask the advice of the church secretary.

Happy Hunting!

Notify Administrator about this message?
No followups yet

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network