I am looking for information regarding the parents of Elizabeth "Betty" Abbott born in Feb 1835 in Kentucky and died before 1910; who was the wife of William Riley Winchester, born ~1836 in Kentucky and may have died before 1900 as census records for Elizabeth "Betty" Abbott stated that she was a widow in 1900. Census Records indicate that Elizabeth Abbott lived in Wayne County, Kentucky from at least 1860 to 1900. Elizabeth Abbott and William Riley Winchester were the parents of:
1) Jane Winchester, born ~1856 in Kentucky.
2) Keziah "Kizzie" Winchester, born in June 1856 in Kentucky and was married to John William Troxell, who was born in May 1856 in Kentucky and died on 4 Jan 1944 in Wayne County, Kentucky.
3) Melinda "Linda" Winchester, born on 1 Apr 1860 in Wayne County, Kentucky and died on 1 Sep 1927. She was married to Moses Waters, who was born on 25 Aug 1854 in Wayne County, Kentucky and died on 15 Oct 1919.
4) Arbana Winchester, born in ~1867 in Wayne County, Kentucky.
5) John Richard "Dick" Winchester, born in Aug 1871 in Wayne County, Kentucky and died on 25 Oct 1932 in McCreary County, Kentucky. He was married to two different wives: Burnett "Nettie" Waters, born in Jun 1873 in Kentucky; and Mollie Wilson, born on 3 Jun 1881 in Tennessee and died on 20 Sep 1948 in McCreary County, Kentucky.
I believe that Elizabeth "Betty" Abbott's maiden name was Abbott based on the mother's maiden name listed on John Dick Winchester's death certificate. However, I have been unable to verify this information as I have been unable to find death records or death indexes for any of Elizabeth's other children thus far.
I have seen that Elizabeth Coffey, daughter of James Lewis Coffey and Sarah Alloway Strange, also listed as the wife of William "Riley" Winchester. However, I have come across death record for an Elizabeth E Coffey, who was born in E S Valley in Wayne County in 1832 and was the daughter of James and Sarah Coffey, stating that she died in Wayne County on 12 May 1855 of Typhoid Fever; suggesting that Elizabeth Coffey was not the Elizabeth that I am looking for was not her.
Any information on Elizabeth "Betty" Abbott would be greatly appreciated.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|