Big changes have come to — all content is now read-only, and member subscriptions and the Shop have been discontinued.
Learn more

Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: Regional: U.S. States: Kentucky: Oldham County

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

Re: Looking for info on Allen Adams family of Oldham Co.
Posted by: Beth Rasmussen (ID *****3066) Date: February 17, 2008 at 08:45:11
In Reply to: Re: Looking for info on Allen Adams family of Oldham Co. by Beth Rasmussen of 172

The original service records of Union and Confederate Civil War Soldiers and the pension records of Union veterans are maintained at the National Archives Building in Washington, DC, where they are available for research to anyone at least age 16.

The records exist in their originally created form or on microfilm. You can request copies of those records by ordering online or by using the NATF forms 85 and 86 (see right).The military service records and pension files are separate series of records and must be requested separately. For example, if you need both the service record and the pension file for one particular veteran who fought for the Union, you need to submit two separate orders.

These forms are free at;

Notify Administrator about this message?
No followups yet

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network