I'm searching for information regarding my 4G-grandparents, George A. Sharum and Ann Temperance Seals/Seal. What I have so far:
1. George was born about 1786 in VA, according to his 1850 census record in Martin Co IN. His parents are unknown. There is speculation that his father was a Pierre or Peter Sharum who arrived in VA from France, but that has not been verified. There is also speculation that George served as an indentured servant in KY as a boy. I'm trying to trace the source of these items.
2. Ann was born about 1787 in MD, according to the same census record. I have an entry in my genealogy database that her birth place is Queen Anne's Co. MD. She is a daughter of John Bernard Seale (1763-1821) and Mary Ann Vessels (ca1762-1821). John and Mary Seale moved from Queen Anne's Co MD to Nelson Co KY sometime around 1789.
3. George and Ann married on 27 Sep 1804 in Bardstown, Nelson Co KY. They had at least 8 children together:
a. William (b. ca. 1809 KY) m. Mary Nalley
b. John (b. ca. 1810 KY) m. Maria Kelty
c. Harvey Vincent (b. 11 Oct 1813 KY) m1. Rose Ann Cissell, m2. Mary E. Lents Ash
d. James Dominick (b. 25 Feb 1815 KY) m. Sabra Ann Standley
e. George Alexius (b. 13 Jun 1820 IN) m. Rachel Standley
f. Elizabeth (b. ca. 1826 IN) m1. Frederick Call, m2. William Murry
g. Susan (or Sharon) Melinda (b. ca. 1830 IN) m. John Sylvester Strange
h. Louisa Ann (b. ca. 1834 IN) m. Willis Wilson
4. Some researchers indicate that George served in the War of 1812, but I've not yet found a record of his military service.
5. George is listed as a head of household in the 1850 census of Perry Township, Martin Co IN (dwelling #249, family #249, page 58A, census taken on 24 Aug 1850, NARA microfilm M432-160). Living with him was wife Ann and daughter Louisa.
6. George died on 28 Apr 1854 in Loogootee, Martin Co IN. Ann died around 1863 in Martin Co IN. I don't have their cemetery burial location identified. I've not found a will or probate record for either of them.
My Sharum ancestral line is:
4G-grandparents: George A. Sharum m. Ann Temperance Seals/Seal
3G-grandparents: James Dominick Sharum m. Sabra Ann Standley
2G-grandparents: Ransom Asbury Sharum m. Caroline Salmon
Great-grandparents: Otto Gettis Sharum m. Nancy Emeline Atwell
Grandparents: Mabel May Sharum m. Don Van Reid
Any leads or information regarding George A. Sharum's family would be appreciated.
Regards, John Reid
P.O. Box 7164
Libertyville IL 60048
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|