Ancestors of William Esshom
Generation No. 1
1. William Esshom1, born 1807 in Lewis County, Kentucky1; died 20 Aug 1878 in LOVILIA, IA (OSBORN CEM.) Monroe Co.. He was the son of 2. William Eshem and 3. Martha Ann Ruark. He married (1) Salinda Emaline Spurgin1 1827 in Lewis County, Kentucky1. She was the daughter of Jeremiah Spurgin and Rebecca Betty Chenymette.
More About William Esshom:
Burial: Aft. 1833, LEFT KENTUCKY FOR PUTNAM CO. INDIANA
Event 2: RUSSEL TWP.
Event 3: 1854, TO IOWA
Residence: UNION TWP. MONROE CO. IA
Children of William Esshom and Salinda Spurgin are:
i. Rebecca Esshom1, born 1833 in KENTUCKY; died Unknown.
ii. Martha A Esshom1, born 1836 in INDIANA; died WFT Est. 1837-19301.
iii. James Alvin Esshom1, born 1840 in INDIANA; died Unknown.
iv. William M Esshom, born 1841 in INDIANA; died Unknown.
v. Elias Franklin Esshom, born 1843 in INDIANA; died Unknown.
vi. Nancy C Esshom, born 1846 in PUTNAM CO., INDIANA; married James Hazelwood Hughes 17 Aug 1865 in LOVILIA, IA.
More About Nancy C Esshom:
More About James Hazelwood Hughes:
vii. Mary E Esshom, born 1850 in INDIANA; died Unknown.
Generation No. 2
2. William Eshem, born 1761 in Worcester County, Maryland; died 1851 in Lewis County, Kentucky. He was the son of 4. Jonathan Esham and 5. Margarett. He married 3. Martha Ann Ruark.
3. Martha Ann Ruark, born in Worcester County, Maryland.
Notes for William Eshem:
Hi Chris. You and I are distant cousins! Your William Esham is the son of William Eshem Sr. and Martha Ann Ruark. Both were born in Worcester Co. Md. Wm. was born in1761. He died in Lewis Co. KY in 1851. He and Martha are buried on Salt Lick in the Esham Cemetery with one of their daughters and several of their slaves. Wm Esham is the son of Jonathan Esham d. 1792 and Margarett? d. 1806, Worcester Co. MD. Jonathan's parents are Solomon Eshon born Ca 1716 in Northampton Co. VA, and Johnson Nottingham, also from Northampton Co. They moved to MD in 1743. Johnson's father was Richard Nottingham. Solomon's parents were John Eshon d. 1716, and Mary? who later married a Kellam. John's parents were Daniel Isham/ Eshon, the immigrant and Susanna Thomas. Daniel Isham was b. Ca1636 in England. He came to American in 1651. His passage was paid by Thomas Teakle. Daniel died in 1693. Susanna died in before 1682. Daniel's first wife was Margaret Howell. She died in 1661 shortly after the birth of their daughter. After Susanna died, Daniel married #3 Gertrude Bowman Cropper. I hope this has helped you some. Contact me if you have questions. Happy hunting.
Linda Eshem Haney
More About William Eshem:
Burial: 1851, Salt Lick in the Esham Cemetery
More About Martha Ann Ruark:
Burial: Salt Lick in the Esham Cemetery
Child of William Eshem and Martha Ruark is:
1 i. William Esshom, born 1807 in Lewis County, Kentucky; died 20 Aug 1878 in LOVILIA, IA (OSBORN CEM.) Monroe Co.; married Salinda Emaline Spurgin 1827 in Lewis County, Kentucky.
Generation No. 3
4. Jonathan Esham, born Abt. 1741; died 1792. He was the son of 8. Solomon Eshon and 9. Johnson Nottingham. He married 5. Margarett.
5. Margarett, died 1806 in Worcester County, Maryland.
More About Jonathan Esham:
Moved: 1743, to Maryland
Child of Jonathan Esham and Margarett is:
2 i. William Eshem, born 1761 in Worcester County, Maryland; died 1851 in Lewis County, Kentucky; married Martha Ann Ruark.
Generation No. 4
8. Solomon Eshon, born 1716 in Northampton County, Virginia. He was the son of 16. John Eshon and 17. Mary. He married 9. Johnson Nottingham.
9. Johnson Nottingham, born Abt. 1716 in Northampton County, Virginia. She was the daughter of 18. Richard Nottingham.
Child of Solomon Eshon and Johnson Nottingham is:
4 i. Jonathan Esham, born Abt. 1741; died 1792; married Margarett.
Generation No. 5
16. John Eshon, died 1716. He was the son of 32. Daniel Isham and 33. Susanna Thomas. He married 17. Mary.
Child of John Eshon and Mary is:
8 i. Solomon Eshon, born 1716 in Northampton County, Virginia; married Johnson Nottingham.
18. Richard Nottingham.
Child of Richard Nottingham is:
9 i. Johnson Nottingham, born Abt. 1716 in Northampton County, Virginia; married Solomon Eshon.
Generation No. 6
32. Daniel Isham, born 1636 in England; died 1693. He married 33. Susanna Thomas.
33. Susanna Thomas, died Bef. 1682.
More About Daniel Isham:
Immigration Date: 1651, Passage paid by Thomas Teakle
Child of Daniel Isham and Susanna Thomas is:
16 i. John Eshon, died 1716; married Mary.
1. Brøderbund Software, Inc., World Family Tree Vol. 5, Ed. 1, (Release date: August 22, 1996), "CD-ROM," Tree #3765, Date of Import: 25 Apr 1999.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|